Need cabinet psu suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul_3253

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Suggest me a cabinet for phenom 2 965BE processor with 450W SMPS and good cooling below Rs2500?
I want to buy a pc with the specifications
Phenom 2 965BE
Gigabyte 880GM ud2h mobo
corsair 2GB ddr3 ram
Seagate 1TB hdd

I am confused with the cabinet
I need a 450W cabinet which can keep my pc cool
i also will add a ati radeon card 5850 by mar 2011 so do not want to buy a new cabinet with SMPS so
Please give some suggestion
I am a bit tight on budget so need a good one also and at medium range.
Thanks.

Solution
@Rahul: I suggest you go over Lynx-India shop. Place an order online and pick up the product from the shop.

www.lynx-india.com.

The prices are somewhat cheap there.

The CX one's are pretty new to be commented on and are not up to the Corsair regular standards. Do not ever crib on a PSU spend on it handsomely and reap the long term benefits. Its the main component that keeps your PC working.

Gigabyte PSU's are just barely entry level PSU's and pretty average.
If that budget is for case + power supply, you are in a fix.. Its too low to fetch a good case alone.. You've to go to your local dealers and sort out your options there.. There are plenty generic cases available in the market which come with power supplies.. An honest suggestion though, either increase your budget (to atleast get a good power supply) or try getting a good second hand deal on some quality stuff.. For prices and options, you can check out www.primeabgb.com and www.techshop.in

rahul_3253

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
If i only need a power supply in budget of Rs 2000 which should i buy?
I have a tricom cabinet with 300W p4 power supply with one psu fan.
I think i will keep the cabinet and change power supply and try adding a fan or two in the cabinet.
Will my current power supply support the specifications if i am not buying the graphic now and later change the power supply when i get the cabinet?
Thanks.

As I said, the AthlonII X3 or X4 are very good for gaming.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/athlon-ii-x3-440-gaming-performance,review-31906.html
You can also get a cheaper motherboard.

I don't know if you can power your PC with the old PSU if you get the 125W Phenom II X4 but it might work. In Rs 2000 there's no PSU that can power your future video card, the cheapest is that one above. Found some other site
http://smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=93&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=533&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=156

rahul_3253

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for the reply.
I have contacted my vendor and he has agreed to fit a coolermaster 400W psu for Rs 2300. Do i need to increase the power supply or is it enough?
Also i am adding two fans in the cabinet to control the heat. Will this all be enough?
Or do i need to take care of some more factors?
Final configuration as follows:-

Phenom 2 965BE
Gigabyte 880GM ud2h mobo
corsair 2GB ddr3 ram
Seagate 1TB hdd
ati radeon card 5850
tricom cabinet with 2 fans
coolermaster psu 400W.

Please suggest if any further changes need to be done in term of psu or any other?
Dont want to downgrade the processor.

Unfortunately if its a an Extreme Power Plus series, then i say you have made quite a blunder. That is not a good PSU. The least you could have done is to wait for advices to come in and then buy.

The bare minimum would be Corsair VX450W with a little headroom for the fans. That comes around 3600 INR approx.

Ideally the 400W watt PSU should handle a HD5850 without overclocking.

Here's a review of the PSU:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-400-W-Power-Supply-Review/957/9

Which city are you in?

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hi rahul_3253,

If they are available to you, it is best to get a Seasonic or Corsair like the one you have listed, those are the highest quality PSU's out there. If you are trying to stay within a tight budget you have have to consider other options, maybe a XFX or Antec PSU if you can find those.

@Rahul: I suggest you go over Lynx-India shop. Place an order online and pick up the product from the shop.

www.lynx-india.com.

The prices are somewhat cheap there.

The CX one's are pretty new to be commented on and are not up to the Corsair regular standards. Do not ever crib on a PSU spend on it handsomely and reap the long term benefits. Its the main component that keeps your PC working.

Gigabyte PSU's are just barely entry level PSU's and pretty average.

Solution

rahul_3253

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks hell_storm2004
From the link u provided i found this in my range:-
Corsair 430W Power Supply Model - CMPSU-430CX

Brand CORSAIR
Model CMPSU-430CX
Series Builder Series CX430
Spec
Type ATX12V v2.3
Maximum Power 430W
Fans 1 x ultra-quiet 120mm fan
Input Voltage90 - 264 V
Output +3.3V@20A, +5V@20A, +12V@28A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@3A

Is this any good for my pc or not?

rahul_3253

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for all your help guys.
Sorry guys Changing the configuring a bit went over the budget.
Phenom2 x3 720BE
Confused with mobo want to buy the cheapest available with little onboard graphics(around Ati 3200HD or 4200HD or 4250HD)
corsair 2GB ddr3 ram
Seagate 1TB hdd
Corsair CX 500W
ati radeon 5570 (will it play gta4?)
PLz suggest any changes if required for this pc. I dont need a high end pc just a simple pc for daily working and playing some games.

rahul_3253

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Can anyone suggest me a good nvidia graphic card comparable to the ati radeon 5770 or 5670?
I have also taken these three mobo plz suggest which is better?
gigabyte GA ma785GM us2h
Asus m4a785TD-V EVO
Asrock m3a785GXH/128M
Plz give some suggestion as well.
Will it be ok if i use nvidia graphic card with amd processors and mobo?

Out of your selected options, the Asus motherboard would be my pick.. Since you are opting for Nvidia video card, you can try and get a board featuring SLI such as the Asus M4A98TD.. In any case, there is no performance hindrance when running a Nvidia card on AMD motherboard.. As for the card recommendations, the GTS 450 is the Nvidia equivalent to the HD 5670/5770.. I'd however recommend you to opt for the GTX 460..

Status
Not open for further replies.