What is th PLL (Phase Locked Loop) number on intel GH61WW mobo

Hai, I am planning to oc my i5 2420 using software setfsb, its asking for some number PLL on my mobo which i couldnt find it. So if any one tried it please send the PLL no.. Thanks :)
6 answers Last reply
More about what phase locked loop number intel gh61ww mobo
  1. google your motherboard model + PLL and you'll probably find it. If you wanted us to find it for you, you have to provide us the motherboard model... We are no soothsayer...
  2. MrBig55 said:
    google your motherboard model + PLL and you'll probably find it. If you wanted us to find it for you, you have to provide us the motherboard model... We are no soothsayer...

i have mentioned the mobo name name in thread name..
    anyways it is intel DH61WW
  3. Some problems I foresee:
    1. You picked the wrong processor for overclocking.
    2. You picked the wrong board/chipset for overclocking.
    3. Sandy Bridge boards don't have a PLL -- it's built into the CPU.

Unfortunately, you went a little too cheap. Intel deliberately crippled the overclocking capabilities on the non-K CPUs and H-series boards. You should have gotten a 2500K or 2600K CPU paired with a P67 or Z68 mainboard.
  4. Leaps-from-Shadows said:
    Some problems I foresee:
    1. You picked the wrong processor for overclocking.
    2. You picked the wrong board/chipset for overclocking.
    3. Sandy Bridge boards don't have a PLL -- it's built into the CPU.

Unfortunately, you went a little too cheap. Intel deliberately crippled the overclocking capabilities on the non-K CPUs and H-series boards. You should have gotten a 2500K or 2600K CPU paired with a P67 or Z68 mainboard.

Is there any other way i can overclock my CPU???
  5. You can see if it has an auto-overclock function in the BIOS. I doubt that it does, but check anyway just in case. Or the CD that came with your board might have an overclocking software utility on it. Again, I doubt it ... but you might get lucky. That's about it.
  6. it does not have!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel Intel i5 Software