BIOs doesn't recoginize hard drive

lilmatt515

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
So im building a new comp and everything went fine, up until I attempt to install my second hard drive. I placed my OS on an SSD and was going to use the other one, but the BIOs can't seem to recognize it. I've enabled ports, tried all of the Sata ports, they work with my optical drive. Switched out power cords and sata cords. And i can't seem to get it too work.

Im fairly new at this so im not sure if i just got a defective hard drive (not sure if its even powered, is it supposed to make any noise and vibrate?) or im just being noob.

MOBO: MSI Z77MA-G45
Seagate Barracuda Desktop 1 tb SATA

Thanks for any help.

k3wlit

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
i have the same issue, i recently bought 3TB WD Caviar Green HDD, it's not showing up in the BIOS nor windows 7 64bit.

My MOBO is ASUS Sabertooth Z77
My existing HDs are 128GB SSD m4 Crucial - Boot Drive and 2x1TB WD Green Caviar - Raid Storage

zissou3770k

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Your BIOS may need an update in terms of storage drivers. I would visit the MSI website and complete a bios flash. It involves putting the flash file on a USB drive, entering your bios at the beginning of boot, and flashing the bios through the file on your thumb drive. You won't lose data.