Intel ssd 520 keeps disappearing

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
As the name suggested, my ssd keeps disappearing on my laptop (asus g74) after 3-6 hours of use. It starts of with windows lagging, then the laptop reboots and the drive disappears, i then have to wait a few hours till the ssd appears in the boot menu again. My hdd's on the other hand work fine. I already updated all the firmwares, and tested for errors but everything seems 100%. SMART and AHCI are both enabled. At the moment im not sure if its the laptop or the ssd, so i decided to plug the ssd into a different hard drive bay on the laptop, and i still got the same result. So instead of waiting a few hours to use it again, this time i took out the ssd and plugged it into my desktop, it ended up working 100%, didnt even have to wait a minute, just started up and booted off the laptops ssd. Everything was working 100% (except for drivers and etc since 2 different sets of hardware). Does anyone have a solution? is it my ssd?

Additional info: I noticed that my system reserved no longer appears on my laptop, but when im using the desktop, its all there.

Dont know if the specs would matter much but :
Laptop specs:
Asus g74:
cpu: intel i7 2670
Ram: 16gb Gskill
GPU: nvidia 560m

Desktop specs:
mobo: msi x58 pro e
cpu: i7 950
gpu: ati 6950
ram: 12gb