Sign in with
Your question

Intel ssd 520 keeps disappearing

Last response: in Storage
December 8, 2012 5:17:28 AM

As the name suggested, my ssd keeps disappearing on my laptop (asus g74) after 3-6 hours of use. It starts of with windows lagging, then the laptop reboots and the drive disappears, i then have to wait a few hours till the ssd appears in the boot menu again. My hdd's on the other hand work fine. I already updated all the firmwares, and tested for errors but everything seems 100%. SMART and AHCI are both enabled. At the moment im not sure if its the laptop or the ssd, so i decided to plug the ssd into a different hard drive bay on the laptop, and i still got the same result. So instead of waiting a few hours to use it again, this time i took out the ssd and plugged it into my desktop, it ended up working 100%, didnt even have to wait a minute, just started up and booted off the laptops ssd. Everything was working 100% (except for drivers and etc since 2 different sets of hardware). Does anyone have a solution? is it my ssd?

Additional info: I noticed that my system reserved no longer appears on my laptop, but when im using the desktop, its all there.

Dont know if the specs would matter much but :
Laptop specs:
Asus g74:
cpu: intel i7 2670
Ram: 16gb Gskill
GPU: nvidia 560m

Desktop specs:
mobo: msi x58 pro e
cpu: i7 950
gpu: ati 6950
ram: 12gb
December 8, 2012 5:50:05 AM

Just an update guys, turns out the ssd is the problem, it suffered the same symptoms on the desktop just like it did on the laptop. Could this be the ssds firmware problem??
m
l
!