lee

I have a serial device connected to the db9 serial port that the O/S detects,
incorrectly, as a mouse. Is there a setting that I can change to exclude the
serial ports from this type of detection?

Take a look at boot.ini The /fastdetect switch should take care of this.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Lee" wrote:
|I have a serial device connected to the db9 serial port that the O/S
detects,
| incorrectly, as a mouse. Is there a setting that I can change to exclude
the
| serial ports from this type of detection?

The /fastdetect switch causes NTDETECT to skip parallel and serial device
enumeration during machine startup.

--

"Lee" wrote:
| In that I should remove this line, place added parameters on this line
..... ?

lee

The line already has the /fastdetect switch on it, and the problem remains..

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect

This link may help. You may need to get in touch with the hardware vendor or
let it install and disable it.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/PnPNT5_2.mspx