Sign in with
Your question

I get a message = D:\$mft when I try to back up my C: disk to a new USB disk. I

Last response: in Storage
December 8, 2012 12:51:20 PM

I get a message = D:\$mft when I try to back up my C: disk to a new USB disk. I dont have the D: disk in this computer anymoor - its broke! - Can someone help me?
a b G Storage
December 8, 2012 1:04:57 PM

What are your system specifications and how are you attempting to back up your c: drive?
December 10, 2012 1:44:14 PM

zdbc13 said:
What are your system specifications and how are you attempting to back up your c: drive?

I Run XP Pro SP3 - on a 2X2,66 MHz Proc. machine. It’s when I use Norton Ghost 15.0 I get the message”Error save this file "D:$mft" in another place"
and the Ghost doesn’t let me go around it - just stops!
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 10, 2012 1:57:13 PM

Where are you trying to back up your c: drive to? If you don't have the D: drive anymore what do you have? Do you run ghost from a command line or the user interface? If so do you set the target drive to your new backup device before you start the backup? It sounds like ghost is configured to back up on d: drive now.
December 10, 2012 2:28:16 PM

zdbc13 said:
Where are you trying to back up your c: drive to? If you don't have the D: drive anymore what do you have? Do you run ghost from a command line or the user interface? If so do you set the target drive to your new backup device before you start the backup? It sounds like ghost is configured to back up on d: drive now.

Quote:
I Use a USB Disk for the backup and I target that one for the backup. I use the interface of the Ghost I Installd on the C:D rive.
a b G Storage
December 10, 2012 2:57:20 PM

What drive letter is the USB? Is there a place in ghost to specify the target? Is there enough room on the USB?
!