Replace hard drive on Toshiba 1115-S103?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 15, 2004 5:16:30 PM

Drives seem to be pretty cheap and I was thinking about putting in a
bigger one. Is it fairly easy or will I kill the machine trying?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 15, 2004 7:09:08 PM

dgk <sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote:
>Drives seem to be pretty cheap and I was thinking about putting in a
>bigger one. Is it fairly easy or will I kill the machine trying?

Dunno about your laptop specifically, but most laptop hard drives are
easy enough to remove and replace.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 16, 2004 6:03:35 PM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:09:08 -0500, William P.N. Smith wrote:

>dgk <sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote:
>>Drives seem to be pretty cheap and I was thinking about putting in a
>>bigger one. Is it fairly easy or will I kill the machine trying?
>
>Dunno about your laptop specifically, but most laptop hard drives are
>easy enough to remove and replace.

I think I once read that this one is not easy. I suppose I should take
a look.
a b D Laptop
December 17, 2004 2:59:36 AM

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:16:30 -0500, dgk
<sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote:

:>Drives seem to be pretty cheap and I was thinking about putting in a
:>bigger one. Is it fairly easy or will I kill the machine trying?

The 1100/1110 is one of two models (the 1700 series being the other) that
are built for Toshiba by Compal that require a full disassembly of the
computer to get to the hard drive. The hard drive is located under the left
side of the palmrest and the whole top cover, including display, have to be
removed to get to it. Not exactly one of Toshiba/Compal's better designs.

Good luck,
me/2
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 20, 2004 1:59:29 PM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:59:36 GMT, me/2 <null@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:16:30 -0500, dgk
><sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote:
>
>:>Drives seem to be pretty cheap and I was thinking about putting in a
>:>bigger one. Is it fairly easy or will I kill the machine trying?
>
>The 1100/1110 is one of two models (the 1700 series being the other) that
>are built for Toshiba by Compal that require a full disassembly of the
>computer to get to the hard drive. The hard drive is located under the left
>side of the palmrest and the whole top cover, including display, have to be
>removed to get to it. Not exactly one of Toshiba/Compal's better designs.
>
>Good luck,
>me/2

I don't suppose that there is a step-by-step posted anywhere?
!