I7-950 or e5530

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
Server cpu are made to process information of more than a single user where as desktop cpu is made for processing of one person..Of course the e5530 would win.
However, the Xeon 5*** series do have additional features, like hardware virtualization, better powersaving techniques, flexmigration, dual processor setups etc..Servers are made to run 24/7..

aldo z

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hi Zulfadhli.

I have a computer, workstation with windows7 64 bit, processor E5530, 12Gb RAM 2000Mhz, motherboard Asus P6T WS Professional
video card Ati radeon 4GB
I see my processor in task manager to go 90% when i do render in adobe premiere cs3.

A friend of mine has a computer with
windows xp sp3 32bit, 3Gb Ram, video card ati radeon 1 Gb, motherboard Asus P6T SE. processor i7-920 and in task manager it goes in 25 % when doing render in Adobe premiere 1.5
I don't know where is the problem that mine computer uses almost all the Processor.
Maybe Adobe premiere Cs3 makes the difference...

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
i7 has been known to excel in SIMD , such that is video encoding,rendering(it should be also in)..In other words xeons are used to manipulate more information at the same time but at a slower pace..

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
In todays world xeons and i7 arent that big of a gap apart in terms of performance..The problem is that each have different instruction sets.However my specialization is not towards xeons..Please do help me cuz i am a bit confused why his xeon would be used up to the max usage..