Sign in with
Your question

Really confused on Cpu on gaming i5 or 1055T

Last response: in CPUs
November 22, 2010 4:43:04 PM

Hi all i am thinking on building a new computer in dicember with 2X 6850 graphics card and 8GB of DDR3... i was planning to add a 1055t CPU
but i`ve read that the i5 750 is waaay better for gaming i understand that this is because of more powerfull cores and the games dont use more than 4

THE PC IS GOING TO BE USED --ONLY-- FOR GAMING.... NO PHOTO EDITING OR COMPRESSING OR WHATEVER ONLY GAMING!

so wich one CPU will be better either 1005T or 15 750 the price doesnt matter as long as it is one of those ....

also please if can link or post some benchmark results... i just want to see the FPS diferencess betwenn a i5 750 and a 1055T on 1920 x 1080p and maybe with 4x AA .... really 2-5 FPS difference is important to me.... thank you :) 

OOh and also another question does more ram makes a diferences in FPS???
a c 81 à CPUs
November 22, 2010 5:59:03 PM

The i5 is the better processor for gaming.. Get the i5 760 though.. About ram, don't worry.. You've plenty for the next 5 years..
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 22, 2010 7:05:33 PM

Emperus said:
The i5 is the better processor for gaming.. Get the i5 760 though.. About ram, don't worry.. You've plenty for the next 5 years..

Ram..
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 22, 2010 7:17:40 PM

GPU makes a difference in FPs as long as there is enough memory to load everything you need. Otherwise, your system will start using virtual memory by making a page file on your hard drive and your system will only be as fast as the hard drive.

8GB is more than plenty for the next 5-6 years. In fact, 4GB is sufficient if all you plan on doing is gaming. I would not expect game requirements to get too much more than this in the very foreseeable future.

For your information, 2-5 FPS is not discernible to the human eye, though it could be very well discerned by the human ego. Just remember, any kit you brag about today will be obsolete in 18 months and cost about 1/3 the price.
m
l
November 22, 2010 9:04:18 PM

Houndsteeth said:
GPU makes a difference in FPs as long as there is enough memory to load everything you need. Otherwise, your system will start using virtual memory by making a page file on your hard drive and your system will only be as fast as the hard drive.

8GB is more than plenty for the next 5-6 years. In fact, 4GB is sufficient if all you plan on doing is gaming. I would not expect game requirements to get too much more than this in the very foreseeable future.

For your information, 2-5 FPS is not discernible to the human eye, though it could be very well discerned by the human ego. Just remember, any kit you brag about today will be obsolete in 18 months and cost about 1/3 the price.

Well man thanks for all your anwsers know iam 100% sure of going i5 760! BTW hehehe it sounded funny to me when you said it was only gonna cost 1/3 of the price in about 18 months ...well you migth be rigth but that is only the case if you are in the US jeje...in my contry (venezuela, HATE IT btw, not actually from there i am from spain(L) ) the price of a low end computer as it is a E7800 with 4gb ddr2 250gb HDD, nvidia 9500 fair case, 1024 x 768 display etc is worth 950 US Dollars (about 4.500 bsf (venezuela currency)
m
l
November 23, 2010 3:19:16 PM

Here are the benchmarks from over at Anand:

www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/147?vs=117

Most games aren't going to be CPU limited, especially at higher resolutions. It's really the GPU that does most of the work. If you are really worried about CPU performance than you could overclock either processor.
m
l
!