Sign in with
Your question

New SSD

Last response: in Storage
December 8, 2012 5:14:59 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on buying a new SSD for OS booting speeds etc.
So i have been looking at some SSD's but i don't want to spend too much money on one.
My eye fell upon the "OCZ Agility 3 60GB" and the "OCZ Agility 4 128GB". Both in my price range of about €100 <.

So i am looking for a "cheap" SSD of about €100,- or less if possible, with great read and write speeds for fast bootup of OS and/or games.
If this does matter i have a Asus maximus IV Gene-z motherboard, 1 internal 320GB HDD and an external 1TB USB 2.0 HDD.
I'm sorry if i forgot to mention more key information for you guys.

So what is for me a good choice of SSD. You can pick one of the 2 SSD's i mentioned but if you have a better choice for me than that would be even better.

I hope someone can help me out with this situation.

Thank you for reading this post.
Jeroen.

More about : ssd

December 8, 2012 11:33:47 PM

I just read some forums of people disliking the ocz ssds, apparently they break within 3-4 months. Id recommend going for something like samsung, Intel or patriot (mushkin is alright as well). If your going to spend money on a ssd, buy one that wont give you trouble, or else you're just going to be spending more money than you anticipated. Intel offers 5 year warranty with theres, but is the most expensive. Intel 520 series goes for about 120 dollars for 120gb.
!