Problem with IBM Rapid restore PC. Please Help!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
December 15, 2004 2:35:32 PM

Hello!

I have a problem with uninstalling IBM Rapid Restore PC.
I've installed it with no problems but the partition is too big so i
wan't to uninsrtall it.
I want to uninstall it but the programe isn't in a list of programs in
Add/Remove programs (Start - Control panel - ADD/Remove programs). In a
help menu of this programme is written that it can be uninstalled from
a start menu (Start - All Programs - ... - Uninstall RRPC) but there
isn't anything in Start menu.
So HOW to uninstall it?
And another question
Instead of recovery CD computer came with a hidden partition in which
is recovery CD so my question is will I have IBM predesktop area and
hidden recovery CD after I uninstall Rapid restore PC?
I have IBM ThinkPad R40e with XP Home SP1 which was made in 2004.
Besty wishes from
Mikey
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 16, 2004 3:14:22 AM

I have the same problem... I think when I upgraded it a few months ago, it
took away my abilities to uninstall it.

My intention is to do a system restore off of the hidden partition, which
will take me back to before I upgraded RR... and hope that I can uninstall
it from that point... Otherwise It's system rebuild time...

But maybe someone has a better way to ditch the extra bits in the hidden
partition without taking out the original IBM stuff? Since I don't have
system CD's, I'm scared to mess in the hidden partion too much.

Al...

"Mikey" <mitotav@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with uninstalling IBM Rapid Restore PC.
> I've installed it with no problems but the partition is too big so i
> wan't to uninsrtall it.
> I want to uninstall it but the programe isn't in a list of programs in
> Add/Remove programs (Start - Control panel - ADD/Remove programs). In a
> help menu of this programme is written that it can be uninstalled from
> a start menu (Start - All Programs - ... - Uninstall RRPC) but there
> isn't anything in Start menu.
> So HOW to uninstall it?
> And another question
> Instead of recovery CD computer came with a hidden partition in which
> is recovery CD so my question is will I have IBM predesktop area and
> hidden recovery CD after I uninstall Rapid restore PC?
> I have IBM ThinkPad R40e with XP Home SP1 which was made in 2004.
> Besty wishes from
> Mikey

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 9, 2005 8:04:51 PM

I had the same problem and got the following info from IBM's help files. It
DOES work!

Uninstalling IBM Rapid Restore Ultra 3.x

1. Click Start, select Settings, click Control Panel, then double-click
Add/Remove Programs, select IBM Rapid Restore Ultra, then click
Change/Remove. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the software
removal. If IBM Rapid Restore Ultra is not on this list of programs,
continue to step 2.
2. Search the Access IBM subfolder in the Add/Remove Programs program
list. If IBM Rapid Restore Ultra is not on this list of programs, continue
to step 3.
3. Click Start, select Programs, select Accessories, click Command
Prompt. Type "c:\program files\xpoint\rmvmpc.exe", be sure to include the
quotation marks, then press Enter.

Here is the URL if you want to check it out:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?...
!