PSU for EAH 4870 1G

Hello,

Is it possible to run:
i3 530 2,93 GHz
6 GB DDR3 RAM
EAH 4870 1G

On a PS-5301-08HF 300W PSU?
If not... What power supply do I need?
15 answers Last reply
More about 4870
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums
    No,i wouldn't recommend running a 4870 on a 300W PSU,AMD recommends a 500W+ PSU for a 4870
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4870/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4870-system-requirements.aspx
    So a good 500+ PSU like Corsair HX520 would be good
  2. OK. Thanks for the fast answer!!
  3. Maziar said:
    Hello and welcome to the forums
    No,i wouldn't recommend running a 4870 on a 300W PSU,AMD recommends a 500W+ PSU for a 4870
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4870/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4870-system-requirements.aspx
    So a good 500+ PSU like Corsair HX520 would be good


    How about this one: Be quiet! Pure Power BQT L7-530W
    It's the same size as the PS-5301-08H...
  4. The corsair one is a better choice,what's your price range ?
  5. Maziar said:
    The corsair one is a better choice,what's your price range ?


    Eeer... As cheap as possible :D... I measured and my current PSU is 15 cm x 14 cm x 8.5 cm if that helps...
    Thanks a lot for helping me. I really appreciate it.
  6. What's your PC case ?
    I highly recommend Corsair VX550 which is $80
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004
    This Coolermaster GX750 looks good too
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171053
  7. Maziar said:
    What's your PC case ?
    I highly recommend Corsair VX550 which is $80
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004
    This Coolermaster GX750 looks good too
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171053


    I'm upgrading my HP P6340... I didn't buy my own case... I just bought this computer in the store... I want to upgrade the HD 5450 to a EAH 4870 1G, but then I saw that my power supply didn't have enough Watt... So..... That's pretty much the story :whistle:
  8. Maziar said:
    What's your PC case ?
    I highly recommend Corsair VX550 which is $80
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004
    This Coolermaster GX750 looks good too
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171053


    BTW... I want to spend around €50 (I'm from the Netherlands...) if that's possible??
    And I have a question for you... What's the difference between a 600 Watt psu of €30 and a 600 Watt psu of €100?? I'm pretty noob at this, but it would be great if you helped me out :pt1cable:
  9. The difference is in many things,the quality,efficiency and most importantly the total Amp that is provided on the rails.
    Overall,Corsair, Coolermaster,Antech... etc make good PSUs.
  10. Maziar said:
    The difference is in many things,the quality,efficiency and most importantly the total Amp that is provided on the rails.
    Overall,Corsair, Coolermaster,Antech... etc make good PSUs.


    OK,

    Thanks! What psu would you recommend for my case? Still the VX550 and the GX750?? Isn't there anything a bit cheaper?
  11. OCZ StealthXstrem 500W is cheaper than those and can handle a 4870
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341012
  12. Maziar said:
    OCZ StealthXstrem 500W is cheaper than those and can handle a 4870
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341012

    Thanks a lot!
    Just one last question... Are there multiple OCZ StealthXstream 500W's or just one... Because I found an OCZ StealthXstream 500W on a Dutch site and if there's only one of those I know it's the one you suggested... If not I might get the wrong one :(...
  13. There is only one model AFAIK.
  14. Maziar said:
    There is only one model AFAIK.

    All right! Then I'm going to buy that one!! Thank you really really much for all your help! You really helped me out!!
  15. No problem,glad i could help :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon DDR3 Power Supplies Graphics