Sign in with
Your question

Port Replacment

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 22, 2010 11:54:07 PM

I have a Compaq computer. Everytime I plug in my flash drive, it restarts my computer over and over again never connecting. And when I plug in my MP3 player nothing happens. I've been told that I have a faulty USB port. Can I replace the port myself? How is that done?

More about : port replacment

November 23, 2010 12:23:00 AM

Is it the USB from the front of your case, where its plugged on the motherboard, or is it the one in the back where its soldered. If its the one in the back, you're screwed. If it's the one in the front you can try phenagling another USB port from an older tower. Good luck.
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2010 12:41:29 AM

v1zzle said:
Is it the USB from the front of your case, where its plugged on the motherboard, or is it the one in the back where its soldered. If its the one in the back, you're screwed. If it's the one in the front you can try phenagling another USB port from an older tower. Good luck.

Yep, Thats all you can do. :( 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2010 2:39:59 PM

v1zzle said:

Yea, it's the one in the back and the front. So, I need a new CPU?
!