Pegatron IPMTB-TK (X58 Express) Motherboard Upgrade

Fr3shY

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hey,

Just under 2 years ago, I purchased an HP Elite e9180f which was apart of the long list of HP Elite desktops running the faulty revision of the Pegatron IPMTB-TK motherboard which faces lockups/BSODs on a daily basis.

At first the issue occurred once or twice within my first month and I didn't think anything of it. Throughout the months, I tried figuring out a fix and went through countless hours with HP support in trying to have this issue fixed/repaired/replaced. In the end, nothing worked and at one point I even had a service appointment set.

I found out that the issue was coming from the faulty motherboard, but still tried a number of fixes. After running the latest BIOS updates from time-to-time, I was able to actually solve the issue. I had no lockups or BSODs for the longest time, until of course they came back.

I have tried again applying the latest BIOS update, but there was no success and quite frankly, the lockups are pissing me off as I am now facing them multiple times in a day. I've decided that I will just pony up the cash and buy myself a new motherboard so here I am looking for a compatible and equivalent motherboard upgrade.

The motherboard specifications can be viewed at the HP website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01901210&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3983060&tmp_track_link=ot_search#N342.

My budget is no more than $200, and of course the less the better. I'm looking for one with some sort of integrated audio with an optical audio out.

If you guys can suggest a good motherboard to replace my defective model within that price range, I would really appreciate it. I just signed up with Comcast to bring my internet speed up to 50mbps down/10mbps up and these lockups are the only real things I need to iron out before having a complete computer setup.

Thanks in advance, all suggestions are highly appreciated!

Newegg has an msi m58x micro atx that will work, but has no optical audio out, just the hdmi port. I would search ebay for Intel micro atx 1366 boards and see if Intel makes any. You will also need a new windows coa to use on any non-hp motherboard.

Fr3shY

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I checked out eBay and the first results showed my motherboard, I'm hoping it is the new revision (p/n: 517194-001) which is the UL8E.

Any other motherboard ideas?

christianjdd1

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
I know this is a really old thread but i have the same motherboard and same issue and i found out that if i restart the computer about 5 to 10 minutes after i boot it up it does not BSOD

Cheers

JD