Sign in with
Your question

What to do with Stock HSF

Tags:
  • Cooling
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 23, 2010 12:34:58 AM

Just replaced my stock cooler, and I think I've got 2 or three others around somewhere. Are these useful in any way, or should I just throw them in the garbage/recycling?

More about : stock hsf

November 23, 2010 12:38:31 AM

the fans may be useful as system fans, or if you build a new system and are able to transfer your current cooler. Personally, I don't ever throw anything out, I can either find someone to buy it, or I just keep it. This would probably be in the keep category.
m
l
November 23, 2010 2:43:30 AM

You should stack them together and make a SUPER HEATSINK that would be kick ass. You could have the fans like sandwiched in between than use thermal paste on each heatsink or something. Dunno. Or just stack them than super glue :D 
m
l
Related resources
November 23, 2010 3:45:19 AM

etk said:
Just replaced my stock cooler, and I think I've got 2 or three others around somewhere. Are these useful in any way, or should I just throw them in the garbage/recycling?

they make fine hockey pucks until you take a slap shot with one...then they are not so fine
m
l
November 23, 2010 4:02:08 AM

Could use them as fancy coasters :3 Or you could freeze them then if you like ever have a jug of lemonade use them to chill it.
m
l
November 23, 2010 5:01:12 AM

A fifth of whiskey, a shotgun, and something to launch em... nuf said.
m
l
November 23, 2010 3:54:42 PM

Wait until your new cooler blows up and put the stock one back on. :pt1cable: 
m
l
!