Silent Pro Gold Series 800w vs Corsair HX850

mischief87

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
im a corsair fan myself but then came across the CM which seems to fit the needs of my comp that im building while still saving a couple bucks in my wallet. but it seems as though the hx850 is the better choice between the 2 after reading that article, thanks ct1615

Loved the way Ct turned up the info on the 80 plus certification.. And yes, it was Corsair which itself decided to downgrade the unit to 80 plus silver when they could've easily marketed them as 80 plus gold.. Now, leaving the certifications aside, the Corsair model exhibits better overall part and build quality.. If pricing has to be considered though, there is the XFX 850 Black Edition to consider.. It is based on the Seasonic M12D 850 design and is a gem of a performer.. The color scheme though won't be to everyone's liking..

Fighting psu fanboys and those who are less informed or fanatically ignorant about psu's has become ct's favorite hobby.
I have allowed myself to become involved, never again.

" Never argue with an idiot, he can drag you down and beat you with experience "

I hope you don't mind me asking but could you please explain your comment a little more precisely.? As with the highlighted lines on my comment, what I meant actually was that I too was aware of Corsair pulling down the 80plus rating on their HX 850/750 units but the point was never bought forward.. Ct did a good job of mentioning it so that desiring buyers don't skip it for the CM unit just because the CM unit is gold certified whereas its silver for the Corsair unit(s)..

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
I would good for the Corsair Unit myself based on these 2. Both are actually good and the CM did a good job with this model, but the only thing which would tempt me to buy the CM over the corsair would be if the Corsair (which they usually are) is alot more pricer than the CM..

:)

Not at all.
But you kind of hit on it yourself.

It's also part rant due to situations elsewhere on the forum, and definitely not a shot at you.

Oh ok.. I understand the situation a lot clearly now.. And don't worry on taking a shot at me anytime and every time I do a mistake (technically or otherwise).. I'll in fact appreciate it for i'll get to learn something out of it..

I like:
"Never argue with an idiot. From a distance, you can't tell who is who."

For the original question, CM is trying (successfully, perhaps) to improve some of their PSU offerings.

But I'll go with a proven record, Corsair.