Sign in with
Your question

Probs with graphics card and motherboard, plz help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2010 4:30:58 PM

Hi, new to this so bare with me. A couple of months ago I heard a horrible, loud, snapping sound from my pc, thought nothing of it until it happened again twice more. Not sure what it was until the monitor started to knock off on its own displaying the check signal error. Decided to look inside and found that 3 out of 5 capacitors had blown on the graphics card. Tried to replace it with a similar card but nothing comes on screen, the pc just beeps and nothing happens. Have I fried the motherboard as well as blowing up the graphics card?
There has been no over clocking because I don't know how to.
Plz help!
Thanks
Carol
July 28, 2010 6:06:36 PM

Hello, does your motherboard have onboard graphics? If so, try connecting your monitor to the onboard graphics output, and see if that works. Good luck anyway!
July 28, 2010 6:51:33 PM

Hey,
Which PSU (Power supply unit) u r using,means of which brand n whats its power?
Also tell me ur computer's specifications so that i may tell u which power supply is good for ur PC.I think due to ur power supply u have blown ur graphic card.There might be some problem with ur PSU.If there is some problem with your PSU then it is also fatal to your motherboard.
I think u have blown ur power supply.
Give me more details which i have asked.Then i might be able to help u out.
August 4, 2010 11:05:12 PM

Hi, thanks for the replies. I found out what was wrong with the graphics card, I had actually blown 3 out of 5 capacitors. Took it to my local pc store and they fixed it for £10, working perfectly now.
Thanks again for your help.
Carol
!