Need additional cables

mac1500

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard and have bare hard drives Western Digital Caviar WD1002FAEX and Kingston SNV425-S2/128GB as well as an optical LG 24xDVD with lightscribe GH24LS50.
They all appear to need the same connections at the drive, but I need to make sure that I use the correct cable to hook up to the motherboard, etc.
The cables (4 provided) that came with the motherboard will connect from the motherboard to the smaller portion terminal (only) on rear of the hard drives and optical drive.
Is that the only cable that I need or does another need to be hooked up to the larger portion terminal like the ones provided with power supply Corsair CMPSU-750HX?

It's been a long time since I built a computer from parts and I don't want to make any mistakes.

mac1500

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

Thanks

There may be further questions as I proceed.
The only other one so far is that I got a 3.5" wide internal card reader by mistake (since I didn't have my case at the time that I ordered all parts) but my slots are 5 1/4". Do you know of a bay reducer kit and a black cover plate to hide the extra exposed area?

TRENDING THREADS