Sign in with
Your question

:cry: WD World Drive Possible Fail! Need Help!

Last response: in Storage
December 9, 2012 4:45:19 AM

I have a WD Storage World Drive 1 TB (Blue Rings).

One day it was unable to be accessed. It wouldn't even show up on my router list. I checked to see if it was on and plugged in. CHECK. --- BUT no lights were on (the blue ones), I can feel and hear that it was on and running. I did not see any "link lights" active. Being the tech I am, shut it down. I disassembled the enclosure, removed the drive and installed it into an extra bay in an extra computer I have but it didn't work in there either. Please help!~ I have reassembled it again in the WD enclosure and it still gives the same symptoms. I also noticed that it makes a continuous rhythmic sound, like clicking. Please advise. I have a lot of important stuff and would like to at LEAST retrieve it! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

More about : cry world drive fail

a c 108 G Storage
December 10, 2012 3:02:58 AM

Based on my own experience with a drive making clicking sounds it sounds like a failed drive. You may have to search for a drive recovery service which could be quite expensive. Was the drive recognized in the other computer but not accessible or was it not found at all? If it was found, with the right software, you might be able to recover some of the files. Maybe someone with more experience with failing drives will respond and be more helpful.
December 10, 2012 10:45:44 AM

Quote:
Was the drive recognized in the other computer

No, it was not reconized at all.

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking I may need to take it in. :( 
December 11, 2012 11:18:08 AM

Thanks
!