Question on Dual Moniters

I have one 21.5” Alienware AW2210 OptX 1920x1080 HD Gaming Monitor, and plan on in the near future buying another one (so they will match) and running dual moniters. I just want to make sure thats it's possible and I'm not missing anything before I buy the moniter.

As far as Graphics Cards go I have Dual 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5770 with CrossfireX Enabled and I wasn't sure if they could run dual moniters or not? (Having never ran dual moniters I'm in the dark here)

Will Crossfire mess with multipule moniter screens?

I know I have multiple HDMI ports on the back, would I be looking at connecting each moniter to a seprete card via HDMI or would they both go to the same one, one being HDMI and the other connecting via DVI?

I understand that I might have to tinker on the software side to get the settings right, but I was just more worried about Hardware limitations and such with the Cards, Moniters, and various hook ups.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!
4 answers Last reply
More about question dual moniters
  1. You'll be perfectly fine, connect both via DVI on the first card and its pretty much plug and play.
  2. ok that was fast and got the answer I wanted too!!!

This is just hypothetical (the moniters come with a DVI cable if I remember correctly so I would have 2), but what if I only had one DVI cable would it be possible to connect one via HDMI and one via DVI?

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot the most important part ><
    Thanks!
  3. For HD5000 cards, regardless of the crossfire configuration, you can connect up to 2 monitors on the DVI, VGA, or HDMI ports of the first card, and another on the displayport. for a total of 3 monitors.

So regardless of what out put you use, you'll be fine. Though Id suggest HDMI/DVI as its a digital signal thats theoretically gives better picture quality.
  4. OK thanks Thats all I needed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics