Sign in with
Your question

ASUS TPU and EPU? What exactly is this?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 19, 2011 11:11:44 PM

OK, so I got this ASUS motherboard with a TPU and EPU dip switch on the motherboard. It comes default Disabled.

What exactly is this supposed to do to make your system faster by 37% and cheaper by 80% as it says in the web site.
http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/Dual_Intelligent_Processo...

That sounds kind of like something that you wouldn't even bother putting a switch on the motherboard for if it's so great. Should I Enable both of them or what? And is there a reason for leaving it Disabled?

More about : asus tpu epu

December 26, 2011 2:59:18 AM

I myself would like to know whether or not to use them...I know they enable some pretty green lights...but you are right...if they are so great...why must they be enabled? You'd think they would just put this feature on the higher end boards and leave it at that. I did however put them both on and ran some benchmarks and the memory bandwidth and i5 core ran some sick benchmarks compared to other systems with the same chip but different mobos.
m
l
May 4, 2012 9:24:31 PM

I was looking for an answer to this exact question.. I assume the TPU enables the "Turbo" on your CPU, the power one I would assume is just for lower power consumption for saving trees?
m
l
May 13, 2012 4:58:44 AM

Tpu will over clock your system to a stable mode and will change your settings automatically even if you change them. I had issue with that caused my cpu to overheat. Epu engery efficet mode when your not demands a lot out of it.
m
l
!