Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard compatible with GTS 250 1 GB?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2010 9:30:06 PM

Hello,
can i use Nvidia gts 250 1 gb with an Asus M4A 88T-M USB.3 motherboard?
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 28, 2010 9:33:45 PM

Yes, you shouldnt have an issue with it.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 28, 2010 9:57:34 PM

All you need is a board with a PCIe slot.
m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2010 10:01:42 PM

Welcome to the forums. Why did you posted in multiple forums and used multiple topics? We can help even if you post in one :)  .
m
l
July 28, 2010 10:03:01 PM

jitpublisher said:
All you need is a board with a PCIe slot.

but the some says that it only works with an ati card and can have issues with Nvidia as its an M4A series which support ati cards.
m
l
July 28, 2010 10:06:07 PM

ionut19 said:
Welcome to the forums. Why did you posted in multiple forums and used multiple topics? We can help even if you post in one :)  .

i had to decide within an hour as i cannot change my options once i place the order. so, i m in an urgent feedback with best suggestions.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 28, 2010 10:12:46 PM

kaustubhgaur said:
but the some says that it only works with an ati card and can have issues with Nvidia as its an M4A series which support ati cards.

and some people havent a clue what they are talking about. It wont have an issue with a single card, it might only support crossfire and not SLI but it will work fine with any single graphics card. AMD boards work fine with ATI and nVidia cards.
m
l
July 28, 2010 10:15:08 PM

The card is ok, the model that has USB3.0 has no reviews on newegg and i personally do not know how good it is. the model with out USB3.0 sounds good so i think the model you chose will be fine as well. Your RAM are DDR3, no?
This is the motherboard, no? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
July 28, 2010 10:23:26 PM

ionut19 said:
The card is ok, the model that has USB3.0 has no reviews on newegg and i personally do not know how good it is. the model with out USB3.0 sounds good so i think the model you chose will be fine as well. Your RAM are DDR3, no?
This is the motherboard, no? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

yes, this is the motherboard and ram is DDR3. so, i will be able to use most of the features which the GTS 250 promises?

is this configuration OK for running some non-linear editing applications and multimedia applications like photo-shop elements, 3d max, etc.
m
l
July 28, 2010 10:53:29 PM

About editing software for photos and video editing you will have to wait for somebody else to answer because it is not my strong point when it comes to graphic power. Sorry.

Your CPU will handle those applications good.
m
l
!