Start up error 7000

chrism

I am using XP Home edition. Event viewer shows me that on every start up
there is an error 7000, with the following text:
The HDUSB_XP.Sys HDUSB Bulk IO test driver service failed to start due to
the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
has no enabled devices associated with it.

I have viewed the Microsoft help on this type of error (article 314357), and
it tells me to examine the service in the Services list. But it is not listed
under Services.
Does anyone know what this message relates to please?

Check Device Manager for error codes and or non-starting devices.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"chrism" wrote:
|I am using XP Home edition. Event viewer shows me that on every start up
| there is an error 7000, with the following text:
| The HDUSB_XP.Sys HDUSB Bulk IO test driver service failed to start due to
| the following error:
| The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it
| has no enabled devices associated with it.
| For more information, see Help and Support Center at
| http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
|
| I have viewed the Microsoft help on this type of error (article 314357),
and
| it tells me to examine the service in the Services list. But it is not
listed
| under Services.
| Does anyone know what this message relates to please?

chrism

Thanks Dave, I had already done that - there are no questions on hardware
devices.