epic_errors

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
Alright I have a 2TB western digital black caviar hard drive. I've been using it but I just reset my computer completely just to get rid of a bunch of crap I didn't need nor want anymore. Anyways I had stuff on the hard drive (not a lot and nothing important to me) so its already partitioned and formatted from previous. It's been windows 7 the whole time so not a new OS. It appears under my boot menu but not my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
If it shows up in bios but not in windows it probably needs to be initialized/formatted. You can find the options for this by right clicking my comp, hit manage, storage, disk management.

I might be misunderstanding, been doing that a lot today :/

Anyhow doing this will erase all the data on the drive/partition if their is any. You might also just need to assign it a drive letter. Fairly sure you can do that from disk management also.
If it shows up in bios but not in windows it probably needs to be initialized/formatted. You can find the options for this by right clicking my comp, hit manage, storage, disk management.

I might be misunderstanding, been doing that a lot today :/

Anyhow doing this will erase all the data on the drive/partition if their is any. You might also just need to assign it a drive letter. Fairly sure you can do that from disk management also.

Solution