Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HDD help

Last response: in Storage
December 9, 2012 6:25:50 PM

Alright I have a 2TB western digital black caviar hard drive. I've been using it but I just reset my computer completely just to get rid of a bunch of crap I didn't need nor want anymore. Anyways I had stuff on the hard drive (not a lot and nothing important to me) so its already partitioned and formatted from previous. It's been windows 7 the whole time so not a new OS. It appears under my boot menu but not my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : hdd

Best solution

a b G Storage
December 9, 2012 6:31:09 PM

If it shows up in bios but not in windows it probably needs to be initialized/formatted. You can find the options for this by right clicking my comp, hit manage, storage, disk management.

I might be misunderstanding, been doing that a lot today :/ 

Anyhow doing this will erase all the data on the drive/partition if their is any. You might also just need to assign it a drive letter. Fairly sure you can do that from disk management also.
December 9, 2012 6:35:54 PM

ya i'll give that a try and if it doesn't work y'all will be hearing from me again lol
m
l
Related resources
December 9, 2012 11:32:20 PM

All I had to do was simply assign in a drive letter. I followed your directions how to get there and just assigned it E. Don't have to format or anything! Appreciate it
m
l
December 9, 2012 11:32:32 PM

Best answer selected by epic_errors.
m
l
!