My new system

phozone

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
hey guys im actually making a new system right now for gaming and videos and stuff and i wanted to ask if its a good combination

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black edition
GPU : im not sure bout this but i wanna go with a ASUS 4870 maybe crossfire on a later date :D
RAM : kingston 2x2 GB kit DDR 1600MHz CC9 HyperX
MOBO : MSI 770-G45
Power Supply : LC POWER LC6600GP 600W

i have a HD and dvd drive so yeah im still not sure about the GPU and mobo

Could u tell me if this system can play games like BFBC 2 with good fps on high?

wielander

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010

You will get better gaming performance if you spend less on the CPU and more on the GPU. Look at the Athlon II CPUs for the best value in gaming. You can at least save some money by going with a Phenom II X4 955. Both the 955 and 965 have unlocked multipliers so all you have to do is change the multiplier in the BIOS to turn a 955 into a 965.

The Radeon 4870 is probably the best value on the market right now, but it isn't DirectX 11. It would offer passable fps on BFBC2 on high at a resolution of 1680x1050 (just under 40 fps). At a lower resolution it would run on high very well; at a higher resolution it would be too slow on high settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2010-gaming-graphics-charts-high-quality/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2,2235.html

The (newer) HD Radeon 5850 would give you significantly better performance (~50 fps in BFBC 2 @1680x1050 on high), is much more efficient, and supports DirectX 11.

In crossfire two Radeon 4870s would be powerful enough for most any game around right now. You would probably need to choose a better power supply to handle two 4870s. They would require 4 PCI-E connectors.

On that note, I don't trust or recognize that LC Power Supply. I couldn't find any decent information about it. If you just want to run one graphics card, I would choose a higher quality, lower output PSU. If you want to run to high end graphics cards in crossfire, you will want a higher quality power supply that offers at least 650W (For example the XFX XXX 650W).