Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My horrible experience with Newegg and Asus.

Last response: in Motherboards
July 20, 2011 8:06:18 AM

QUICK EDIT: NEW EGG CONTACTED ME THROUGH TOM'S BOARDS AND HELPED ME GET MY RMA APPROVED. THANKS NEW EGG! THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU

Hi,

I am curious if there are any channels I can take my dispute through other than their "customer service departments". I received a defective motherboard (bent socket pin) from Newegg, I understand not every board can be perfect, but when I tried to get a refund or a replacement I am told it is my fault that the pin is broke. It took my shipping money and 3 1/2 weeks for Newegg to tell me "tough luck" and "call Asus". So I call Asus and within 2 minutes of talking to their "customer service" I get the same response from them. This is sad there is no recourse or action to take in this scenario. I am going to be out of 179 bucks because of a bad board which I had no control over. Never had this issue in the past with either company and typically love their service/products but damned if I am not at a loss.

Anyone?
July 20, 2011 10:36:31 AM

What exactly was the broken or bent pin and I take it that New Egg looked at the board and then rejected you ? Just trying to get all the facts straight here :)  Also I take it that Asus never looked at the board just a phone conversation ?
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2011 1:10:09 PM

The board comes from the factory with a pin protector locked in the socket. There is no way the board can come with a bent pin.

Score
Related resources
July 20, 2011 1:31:06 PM

From my experience, ASUS is BRUTAL for customer service.
Let's face it, they're all becoming brutal because of a few reasons
1) they're overseas - head office
2) once they get your money, they TRULY don't give a flying you know what
3) for the few hundreds (maybe thousands even) people that have major complaints, they know that millions will continue to buy their products.

but ya, I'm done with Asus and OCZ forever.

OCZ for misleading advertising about their Vertex 2 SSD speeds and charging people for something that wasn't really true.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ocz-vertex-2-25nm-s...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669...

bye bye OCZ
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2011 3:07:58 PM

Well there is no doubt that OCZ makes the best ssd's out there, can't argue with that.

I've never owned an Asus motherboard, so can't comment there. I did buy a Asus monitor though, that broke the first day I had it.

I'm really liking Asrock these days.
Score
July 20, 2011 3:46:39 PM

Too bad OCZ lies huh?
Have you seen Crucial's reviews on newegg for their SSDs? And the amount of reviews?
Intel is a lot more stable and seems to have a lot less issues.
Score
July 20, 2011 9:21:34 PM

geekapproved said:
The board comes from the factory with a pin protector locked in the socket. There is no way the board can come with a bent pin.

I used to believe this as well until I purchased this board. I have been building computers for 10+ years and never had this issue show up before. Just kind of bummed out over the whole situation. I have never had an issue with either company before but my faith is seriously shaken with them. At least the Asus person told me that it wasn't even worth my time to try and RMA with them, Newegg let me waste my money on shipping it to them on false hopes that they would help me.
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2011 1:50:06 AM

Call both, as soon as a person answers, ask to speak with a supervisor or manager. Once you have gotten there, if they are of no help, inform them you will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have gotten great service through Newegg as well as several manufacturers. I will occasionally work directly with the manufacturer on large or specialized orders so I can usually get a bit further faster but, I started at the bottom some time back and worked my way through. Asus has decent tech support if you call at the right times and I've never had flat out BAD experiences dealing with them, however, I always call them and speak from a business to business perspective, as an end user, it will take a bit more 'gentle' force.

I would call newegg support and start out seeking a manager. They have a VERY close tie with Asus (as with many manufacturers) and they can get you to the right place faster.

Don't give up on them yet. If I tossed in the towel with ever company I had horrible experience with, I would have been out of the industry long ago.
Score
July 21, 2011 6:01:20 AM

puttsy said:
Call both, as soon as a person answers, ask to speak with a supervisor or manager. Once you have gotten there, if they are of no help, inform them you will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have gotten great service through Newegg as well as several manufacturers. I will occasionally work directly with the manufacturer on large or specialized orders so I can usually get a bit further faster but, I started at the bottom some time back and worked my way through. Asus has decent tech support if you call at the right times and I've never had flat out BAD experiences dealing with them, however, I always call them and speak from a business to business perspective, as an end user, it will take a bit more 'gentle' force.

I would call newegg support and start out seeking a manager. They have a VERY close tie with Asus (as with many manufacturers) and they can get you to the right place faster.

Don't give up on them yet. If I tossed in the towel with ever company I had horrible experience with, I would have been out of the industry long ago.

Yeah I have tried 3-4 times with both companies, pretty much going to throw in the towel and count my 180 bucks worth of losses.
Score
July 22, 2011 4:18:26 AM

Record yourself opening the shipping box when you get another board. :) 
Score
July 22, 2011 6:23:50 PM

elrui said:
Hi,

I am curious if there are any channels I can take my dispute through other than their "customer service departments". I received a defective motherboard (bent socket pin) from Newegg, I understand not every board can be perfect, but when I tried to get a refund or a replacement I am told it is my fault that the pin is broke. It took my shipping money and 3 1/2 weeks for Newegg to tell me "tough luck" and "call Asus". So I call Asus and within 2 minutes of talking to their "customer service" I get the same response from them. This is sad there is no recourse or action to take in this scenario. I am going to be out of 179 bucks because of a bad board which I had no control over. Never had this issue in the past with either company and typically love their service/products but damned if I am not at a loss.

Anyone?

Hello,

Sorry to hear bou the trouble you've experienced with this board. Please send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what can be done.
Score
July 23, 2011 12:02:53 AM

Dang look at that ! Just when you think all is lost :)  Of course if elrui never comes back he won't know :lol:  Hopefully he does.
Score
July 23, 2011 11:29:14 PM

Thanks for the PM Rog. I have responded to the New Egg rep, we will see what happens.
Score
July 26, 2011 7:06:25 PM

Update: No response to my PM yet, he must be busy! Will update once I hear anything.
Score
July 26, 2011 8:39:23 PM

elrui said:
Update: No response to my PM yet, he must be busy! Will update once I hear anything.

If we can we should try and keep this lingering towards the upper part of the forum for a day or 2, also I would PM him again !
Score
July 26, 2011 11:20:33 PM

If all else fails and you surely have made valid attempts, I would go to your credit card company (hoping that is the way you purchased it) and dispute the charge. Leverage and clout always help! ;-) You should get the charges reversed and now the credit card company will go back to Asus.
Score
July 27, 2011 11:40:50 PM

bill fox said:
If all else fails and you surely have made valid attempts, I would go to your credit card company (hoping that is the way you purchased it) and dispute the charge. Leverage and clout always help! ;-) You should get the charges reversed and now the credit card company will go back to Asus.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think I would feel right taking that route. Either way still awaiting a reply from Newegg_Support. Guess he forgot about me.
Score
August 1, 2011 4:15:01 PM

Newegg_Support,

Why hast thou forsaken me.
Score

Best solution

August 5, 2011 2:53:35 PM

Hello elrui,

Please accept our apology for the delay in responding. We would like to assist you with this matter and request that you please contact Newegg representative Dianne Segue at 800-390-1119 ext 25045 or email her at dianne.v.segue@newegg.com and she will assist you.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Newegg.com
August 5, 2011 7:26:10 PM

Best answer selected by elrui.
Score
August 5, 2011 7:26:55 PM

Hi All,

Just an update, New Egg contacted me via Tom's forums and helped me resolve my issue by finding a middle road of giving me a store credit instead of a full refund.

New Egg is awesome!

Thanks!
Score
August 6, 2011 12:10:31 AM

elrui said:
Hi All,

Just an update, New Egg contacted me via Tom's forums and helped me resolve my issue by finding a middle road of giving me a store credit instead of a full refund.

New Egg is awesome!

Thanks!

That is fantastic ! Congratz on resolving the issue. New Egg has always been my favorite parts house and this is another feather in there cap IMO.
Score
August 19, 2011 4:16:21 AM

elrui said:
QUICK EDIT: NEW EGG CONTACTED ME THROUGH TOM'S BOARDS AND HELPED ME GET MY RMA APPROVED. THANKS NEW EGG! THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU

Hi,

Anyone?

I got into the same trap with newegg. They sent me a defective board, which after some correspondence with Gigabyte, had to be sent back to new egg (symptoms: not all memory recognizable beyond one 4 gb stick, otherwise worked OK, allowed me to install OS, etc). Since my project is on a tight time frame (theatre video projection for a scheduled premiere), I immediately bought another identical card from new egg, which is good so far (GA-Z68X-UD5), and although I lost a one way shipment in the process, I was happy getting into actual generative graphics coding, when suddenly I got an email from new egg, claiming that I damaged the pin, and therefore the motherboard is being sent back to me. A live chat with new egg was like talking to a wall: they took a few minutes to do a routine check of the RMA number, gave me the phone number for the Gigabyte support, wished a good day and disconnected. Since I already have a working mobo, I am not sure what purpose contacting Gigabyte would serve. Assuming that the pin is damaged, why I, with a dozen of assembled PCs behind, am an immediate suspect is beyond me, so I am going to deny this charge with the credit card. I would like to ask this board, however, if a damaged pin would explain the symptoms of the damaged board (only some of the memory slots usable).

Thanks a lot.

p.s. Of course, I am going to stay away from new egg, I am used to shop at amazon, and this new egg experience is like a cold shower.
Score
August 25, 2011 12:14:22 AM

Tried them for the first time today. There won't be a second time. Second only to Sprint in HORRIBLE customer service. Seriously, I think the chat help person kicked the bucket!
Score
August 25, 2011 12:19:11 AM

Went to Amazon.com. Got the same part for the same price. No hassle. No order confirmation, followed by an order cancellation, followed by an account cancellation. Yeah. I'll use Newegg again when a very hot place freezes over!
Score
a c 973 V Motherboard
a c 256 Ĉ ASUS
April 21, 2012 8:12:01 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!