How to recover files from corrupted external HD

zint5415

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
hello..i need your experties on this..see,i got this imation 350G external hard disc..ive used it to store all my important files in there..one day when i plug in the HD, a pop up saying that i have to format the HD first..it change from NTFS to RAW..i suspect that it was corrupted..how to i recover all my files on that disc?

ive install Recuva and Gary Undelete software but i just can get the HD to be detected..do i really need to format my HD first so that the software can detect and start scanning my HD?

zint5415

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
This free recovery tool is exactly what you are looking for:
http://www.squidoo.com/change-raw-to-ntfs-without-any-data-loss
I have tried this free one to retrieve my inaccessible data from the RAW drive. It won't let you down. Go try it!
Actually, RAW drive issue id quite a common problem. You could easily change the RAW into NTFS by re-formatting it. But for the safety of your files, you do need a recovery program to help you.
Note:
1. Stop using this drive immediately to avoid overwriting the original data, which can make your data gone permanently.
2. Save your recovered files on a different storage device in case of recovery failure.
3. Do not forget to format your drive to see whether it will work again.
4. Back up you data in the future in case of similar problem.

do i need to fomat the drive first or just run the software to recover my data?

just run the software - don't do anything to the drive just let the software scan the drive and recover any files it can.

Once you have saved any recovered files, and your satisfied that there isn't any other files you need to recover, then format the drive and see if it can be used going forward.

zint5415

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

the software only recover 2gb out of 50gb..how do i recover all of my data?