Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 24, 2010 12:25:52 AM

Hello, how to free update my bios?
My bios ... award bios V6 00PG

More about : update bios

a c 84 à CPUs
November 24, 2010 12:37:51 AM

what you need to know is the exact motherboard manufacturer, model and revision number. then you go to the manufacturers website and download the BIOS file for the exact motherboard. Is there any reason you feel you need to update it? if your not experiencing problems, then leave it the way it is. if you dont know what your doing, a bios update can kill your motherboard.
m
l
November 24, 2010 12:48:42 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
what you need to know is the exact motherboard manufacturer, model and revision number. then you go to the manufacturers website and download the BIOS file for the exact motherboard. Is there any reason you feel you need to update it? if your not experiencing problems, then leave it the way it is. if you dont know what your doing, a bios update can kill your motherboard.

Thx for your reply of my question. But my problem : my bios is out of date.... (2002.07.18). What i do for my bios? Thx a lot....
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2010 1:35:12 AM

ok.... what can i do for bios out of date?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2010 4:56:55 AM

If you need to update your BIOS, go to the manufacturers website and look up your motherboard name and model number under their support section, they will have all the updates availible for you to download there.

Otherwise if you can tell us the name and model of your motherboard we can give you the website where you can download a new BIOS.

Also there is no need to make two posts with the same question on it.
m
l
a c 84 à CPUs
November 24, 2010 9:08:56 AM

the BIOS is not like food, it doesnt go out of date. The manufacturer may not have made a newer bios than the one you currently have, they dont just keep making newer BIOS's forever. If your computer is not having BIOS related problems, dont update it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2010 4:29:53 PM

^ I agree, unless you need new CPU support, are having issues, or need another added feature, the risk of an unexpierenced BIOS update is not worth it.
m
l
a c 84 à CPUs
November 24, 2010 8:06:31 PM

Quote:
if it's not broke then don't fix it...

+1
m
l
November 30, 2010 9:49:05 PM

thechief73 said:
^ I agree, unless you need new CPU support, are having issues, or need another added feature, the risk of an unexpierenced BIOS update is not worth it.

thx alot my brother..... Gbu
m
l
November 30, 2010 9:54:49 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
+1

Ok thx alot.....
m
l
November 30, 2010 10:06:43 PM

Quote:
if it's not broke then don't fix it...
why do you feel you need a BIOS update, are you having any problems or what.?
upgrading processor maybe.?
if not then leave it alone.!

Ok thx a lot
m
l
!