Feedback on my 5850 temps?

Hi all,

I have a Sapphire Vapor-X 5850 2GB card and just ran some temp benchmarks. I ran the latest version of FurMark and after 30 minutes, my "under load" temp was hovering around 66 C. At idle, the temps are bouncing between 34-36 C. Are these ideal temps?

Also, I have another Q about the GPU fan speed. Using MSI AfterBurner to monitor the speed (I am still using all factory settings) I noticed, at idle, the fan speed % was @ 21. When the under load temp was at 66C, the % had climbed to 45%. This seems a little low to me. Is that the best setting or should I override the driver's fan speed controller?

Thanks in advance,

Justin
4 answers Last reply
More about feedback 5850 temps
  1. bump
  2. I have a 5850 and those temps are completely normal.
    I run my fan at 27% speed at 775/1125 and idle at 32-35C and sometimes hit mid 60's when intense gaming usually 50's.
    I have afterburner but i don't really use it. i just adjust my fan speed with CCC.
  3. davcon said:
    I have a 5850 and those temps are completely normal.
    I run my fan at 27% speed at 775/1125 and idle at 32-35C and sometimes hit mid 60's when intense gaming usually 50's.
    I have afterburner but i don't really use it. i just adjust my fan speed with CCC.

Would you recommend I use AfterBurner to adjust my fan speeds? Perhaps a setup where I use stock fan speed settings when doing everyday work and then enable AfterBurner's fan settings when playing games? (I do not play often)
  4. Your temps are just absolutely fine, don't worry about that, your card can handle more than that... :)

Just let the setting is set to AUTO...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics