Washers between case and mobo standoffs

krispower

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hi

With my new Haf X chassis and gtx 470 i need extra height, because standoffs alone is not high engough to make everything sit like it should. Is it dangerous in any way to put washers beween case and standoffs? Any other solution?

Also i need more washers at the right down side of the mobo than the others to make the standoffs conect and sit tight with the mobo, isnt that a bit wierd?

Thanks

Solution
Washers are fine; just make sure they are not creating a "bridge" between any points on the bottom of your board. I would try to keep the washer profiles as thing (small diameter) as possible.
Another good idea would be to buy some rubber tubing that your screws will fit in, that way you can just cut pieces to the lengths you need, and you wont have to worry about shorting anything.

xiangjiao

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Washers are fine; just make sure they are not creating a "bridge" between any points on the bottom of your board. I would try to keep the washer profiles as thing (small diameter) as possible.
Another good idea would be to buy some rubber tubing that your screws will fit in, that way you can just cut pieces to the lengths you need, and you wont have to worry about shorting anything.

Solution

krispower

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Thank you for answering!

So then if just not connect any washers directly to/with the mobo, everthing goes fine? Reason iam so afraid, is cuz my one motherboard got defect, and iam trying to figure out if this had anything to do with it.

I guess i need longer "screw bones" on my standoff's, so all fit perfectly on every mobo hole.