Crossfire 5770, will this PSU do?

ok so its time for an upgrade and im working out what goes what stays.
im looking at doing
crossfire two 5770,
CPU: I7 950
MB: x58
Ram: 6g(3x2) tripple channel
HD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb

my current PSU of 3 years is a seasonic 650w

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7711/051012.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

does she still have the power?
4 answers Last reply
More about crossfire 5770
  1. The rig you have selected is quite good.

However if you can work with your current PC, then i suggest you at least wait for the SB to come out in January.

About the card, skip the crossfire and jump straight into 1 good HD69xx/GTX560/GTX570 also supposed to come out in a month. So at the most 1.5 months of waiting and you have a great build!!!

Your PSU is quite good. Since its a Seasonic. Power wise its good to do CF as well.
  2. hell_storm2004 said:
    The rig you have selected is quite good.

However if you can work with your current PC, then i suggest you at least wait for the SB to come out in January.

About the card, skip the crossfire and jump straight into 1 good HD69xx/GTX560/GTX570 also supposed to come out in a month. So at the most 1.5 months of waiting and you have a great build!!!

Your PSU is quite good. Since its a Seasonic. Power wise its good to do CF as well.

The Reason for having 5770 is I used to have a 8800gtx and bfbc2 killed it early in the year so I just grabbed a 5770 as anything better would just be bottlenecked by the rest of my system.( Motherboard Asus P5N-E-SLI nForce 650i, CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Memory Mushkin 996529 2GB Kit). I have Read that crossfire 5770 is up there with some of the good cards so I thought why not.

I dont really want to spend a heap of money on all the new stuff coming out unless its the best thing since slice breed, I only use it for games and the net. I might still wait if its going to drop the price alot on the components I mentioned above.
  3. The prices of current i7 chips may see a drop after the SB comes out. Since you already have a HD5770 then i guess, its best you crossfire. You may get performances up to a HD5870. You have quite a decent setup for now. Since you are not willing to shift the GPU, you can go for the CF setup now and buy the rest of the parts a little bit later.
  4. ive only started doing my home work so may end up getting a single GPU. just working out my options first.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Western Digital Crossfire Components