Solved

EVGA 9800 GTX not showing up under device manager

It's powered on, it's in the slot. I disabled my onboard graphics card. I can't install the drivers until the drive is recognized.

I'm not new to asking for help here lol. But I appreciate all the help I've received thus far.

Anyone got a clue?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga 9800 showing device manager
  1. Best answer
    These possibilities jump to mind: The 6-pin power connector isn't connected, the card is defective, the motherboard (slot) is defective, or the card is not properly seated.
  2. All the above plus make sure you got enough juice on the power supply maybee latest motherboard bios update could help but be carefull last alternative. . Test your hardware with hot cpu tester pro. Good luck
  3. Twoboxer said:
    These possibilities jump to mind: The 6-pin power connector isn't connected, the card is defective, the motherboard (slot) is defective, or the card is not properly seated.

Well the fan is clearly on, it's very audible. I have the connectors firmly in the card. But on the Y connector I have a fan hooked up between it. Maybe that's the problem? and it isn't getting enough power? I'll try it right now just to be sure.
  4. Nope, no success.

TwoBoxer. Everything you listed is worst case scenario. I really hope that it's a software issue.
  5. bump
  6. Best answer selected by MercenaryWubby.
  7. did you ever figure out the problem? I am having a similar issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Device Manager EVGA Graphics