Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EVGA 9800 GTX not showing up under device manager

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 29, 2010 5:15:47 AM

It's powered on, it's in the slot. I disabled my onboard graphics card. I can't install the drivers until the drive is recognized.

I'm not new to asking for help here lol. But I appreciate all the help I've received thus far.

Anyone got a clue?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2010 5:41:23 AM

These possibilities jump to mind: The 6-pin power connector isn't connected, the card is defective, the motherboard (slot) is defective, or the card is not properly seated.
July 29, 2010 5:55:17 AM

All the above plus make sure you got enough juice on the power supply maybee latest motherboard bios update could help but be carefull last alternative. . Test your hardware with hot cpu tester pro. Good luck
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2010 7:27:44 AM

Twoboxer said:
These possibilities jump to mind: The 6-pin power connector isn't connected, the card is defective, the motherboard (slot) is defective, or the card is not properly seated.

Well the fan is clearly on, it's very audible. I have the connectors firmly in the card. But on the Y connector I have a fan hooked up between it. Maybe that's the problem? and it isn't getting enough power? I'll try it right now just to be sure.
m
l
July 29, 2010 7:35:37 AM

Nope, no success.

TwoBoxer. Everything you listed is worst case scenario. I really hope that it's a software issue.
m
l
July 30, 2010 1:59:57 AM

Best answer selected by MercenaryWubby.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2010 4:54:42 PM

did you ever figure out the problem? I am having a similar issue.
m
l
!