Can i change my sata1 speed hd back to sata2?

pryltsyk

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
So, i had this samsung hard disk in my old pc (which supported only sata1 speed) so i had to change the sata2 disk (samsung) to operate sata1 speed. Now i got my new pc and i am wondering if i could change samsung hard disk to operate sata2 speed wihtout losing any files?
Thank you sirs!

What did you change? There is nothing you need to change to put a sata 2 disk on a sata 1 connection. Anyway to answer you question no you will not loose anything just plug it in and go no changes needed at all.

Thent

pryltsyk

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Ummh, im not sure if u understood what i ment. Back in the time i had this ancient mobo, which didn't regognize sata 2 drives, so i changed this hd's speed to old sata. Now its still working on that slow speed and i would like to change it back to its orginal sata2.
"What did you change". I downloaded program from samsungs site which i used to boot up computer, then i changed the samsung hard drive to work on slower speed so motherboard will detect it.

pryltsyk

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Oh yea there is but i don't have any jumpers installed, got it working now. Thank you for information sirs. Helped! =)