Two Issues_Please help

oceanfury

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I was so proud of myself. Assembled all my parts starting last night and turned on my machine for the first time roughly an hour ago. To my surprise everything came on and started up like clockwork. I put in my Windows 7 OS cd and started installing it onto my SSD. That seemed to work alright. After the installation finished im now seeing two real issues:

1.) My LAN RJ-45 Port on my ASUS mobo isnt working. I have a internet cable plugged in. When i try and troubleshoot the problem it says "Windows did not detect a properly install network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver". The right led is orangish red and the left led is blinking green. Any thoughts as to why im not getting an internet connection.

2.) I plugged my PC directly into the back of my RCA 40" inch HDTV va an HDMI cable. My RCA hdtv is suppose to have a resolution of 1920 x 1080, however, when the largest resolution im currently able to set it at is 1024 x 768. The display its currently detecting is a "Generic PnP monitor on standard VGA graphics adapter." which doesnt make any sense to me sense im plugged into my HDTV w/ a HDMI cable. Any thoughts as to why its not detecting my HDTV and instead connected to a "generic pnp monitor"?

I'm worried ive messed something up.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Please list all components of your machine.

For the first issue, try opening Device Manager. Expand Network Adapters and right click on what is listed there. Choose Properties. In the window that opens, click the Driver tab. Is the Roll Back Driver button enabled? Click it.

Speaking of drivers - do you have an Intel chip? (Again, all specs please.) After you installed your OS, did you install the Chipset Drivers aka Intel Chipset Device Software? See: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=18494&lang=eng

And download: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility&ProdId=816&LineId=1090&FamilyId=40

oceanfury

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I think i answered my own question. I just remembered a cd came with my mobo that apparently had drivers, chipset drivers, audio drivers etc. So far its fixed my network adapter. We'll see if it fixes my monitor issue. If not i'll be back

oceanfury

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Downloaded most if not all of my drivers. It recognized my HDTV so now im able to go 1900 X 1080 whatever resolution.

My issue now is theres about an inch border along the edge of my screen on all four sides thats not being used. I wonder how to utilize my entire screen.