Compatibility issue

I have a GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 and an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO im almost sure there incompatible and my question is are they incompatible? and if so what other board should i use it has to be am3 i was thinking a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H or a GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 but im not sure if they are compatible either.
4 answers Last reply
More about compatibility issue
  1. They will work together fine, people are always concerned that an AMD board will be incompatible with an nVidia card but thats just not the case as it would hurt AMDs sales more than nVidias.
  2. ok well then why wont my video card work when i start the nvidia install tool it says could not find compatible hardware and the video card shows up as an exclamation in the hardware menu.
  3. Your motherboard looks like it has its own onboard graphics adapter built in. You have to turn that off in the BIOS, or your standalone card won't work, and may not even be recognized.

Try disabling onboard video, then plugging the monitor in to the Nvidia card before the next boot, and see if it's recognized then.
  4. capt_taco said:
    Your motherboard looks like it has its own onboard graphics adapter built in. You have to turn that off in the BIOS, or your standalone card won't work, and may not even be recognized.

Try disabling onboard video, then plugging the monitor in to the Nvidia card before the next boot, and see if it's recognized then.

I tryed that and after i did neither of the outputs worked and it beeped at me so i had to reset the bios
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Compatibility Gigabyte Systems