service dependencies

I have problem with missing core service (services): "windows fax service"
will not load, and I have instaled it. Next "help and support center" service
can't start because he is "missing some modue" (error 126). I have disabled
some services but it was long ago so I can't remember what did I do.
system is xp-pro with sp2, and yes; I have necessary hardware (fax-modem).
Personaly I don't care for "help and support" but fax is must have!
Thanks!

FAX Service
http://snakefoot.fateback.com/tweak/winnt/service/def.html#FAX

FAX Service Dependencies:

Plug and Play
Print Spooler
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Telephony
-----

"Help and Support Error" - Service not started
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/helpsvc.htm

Reinstalling Help and Support Center in Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rebuildhelp.htm

Have a look here...

Read instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
235. Restore Help and Support Service

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Click on the ? Icon to Expand

[?] Why doesn't Help and Support work?

Fix Windows XP Help
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/fixwinxphelp.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A1FE1BD6-9E14-428D-AA2D-BD6E6A82EC03@microsoft.com,
ziza69 <ziza69@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:CE29E15A-0B1E-4C21-9DF4-5BF61FB0CAF2@microsoft.com,
ziza69 <ziza69@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have problem with missing core service (services): "windows fax service"
> will not load, and I have instaled it. Next "help and support center"
> service can't start because he is "missing some modue" (error 126). I
> have disabled some services but it was long ago so I can't remember what
> did I do.
> system is xp-pro with sp2, and yes; I have necessary hardware (fax-modem).
> Personaly I don't care for "help and support" but fax is must have!
> Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS