Problem Accessing Old Hard Drive

am2009

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I recently bought an external enclosure so that I could cycle all of my old Hard Drives from numerous PC's throughout the years through it and pull the data off of them, but one of them is giving me a major problem. When I plug the hard drive up via USB, I'm able to see in "My Computer" RECOVERY (F:) which I can access with no problem, and Local Disk (G:) which shows no information when I select it, and when I try to open it my whole computer slows to almost a stop, I even left it alone for hours and when I came back nothing had changed, but as soon as I unplug the USB cable everything goes back to working swimmingly. I'm not very educated about computers but I do like to learn and follow instructions well so if anyone would be willing to provide any information on what might be wrong and how I can fix it I'd appreciate it, thank you! I really don't want to lose any of the information on this particular hard drive! I tried searching the internet but couldn't find any information on this particular problem. Thanks again!