New 480gtx graphics do not appear as clear as before, why?

gillytg

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hey all, recently purchased an EVGA 480 gtx, along with an EVGA X58 FTW3 and an i7 960. Since installing these upgrades i have noticed in several games (specifically MW2, WoW (yeah i know) and GTAIV) that the appearance of the graphics is not up to the same standard as it was with my previous card, a 9800gx2. Also, BFBC2 seems to simply exit mid loading. I assume this too is related to the problem I am having.

I have installed and updated all current drivers that relate to my new gear, and am still experiencing lower quality lighting, textures and shadows than previously. However, my FPS in all of them as increased. The only possible explanation I could have for this is the fact that I am currently running DX11, and that this is somehow interfering with the graphics capabilities of the respective games. This seems unlikely, as games without support for DX11 will run in DX10 as far as I am aware.

If anyone can shed any light at all on why this might be occuring it would be greatly appreciated. And no, I am also fairly sure it's not just in my head :)

Cheers