Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Crossfire
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
November 25, 2010 1:31:59 AM

I am looking for a spacious case(room for two Radeon HD 6850's in Crossfire). Also looking for airflow, and cable management. I am torn in the subject of computer cases...

~Pyro :hello: 

More about : case suggestions

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2010 2:36:34 AM

Both the Challenger and the Scout look fine for good cable mgmt, space, and airflow. When managing your cables, you want to keep them out of the airflow, which means you will route as many power and data cables behind the motherboard tray using the holes and other cut-outs in the motherboard tray to route them between the motherboard tray and the side panel. Use as many nylon cable ties as you need to secure the cables to slots on the case. You can get the ties in various sizes and colors pretty cheap in the electrical section of a big-box hardware store.
If you want to see examples, try this link, or this one for ideas. Dong it neatly takes some time.

The Challenger is about 13 pounds - makes me wonder how durable it is compared to the CMs and the Scout.
November 25, 2010 2:40:44 AM

treefrog07 said:
Both the Challenger and the Scout look fine for good cable mgmt, space, and airflow. When managing your cables, you want to keep them out of the airflow, which means you will route as many power and data cables behind the motherboard tray using the holes and other cut-outs in the motherboard tray to route them between the motherboard tray and the side panel. Use as many nylon cable ties as you need to secure the cables to slots on the case. You can get the ties in various sizes and colors pretty cheap in the electrical section of a big-box hardware store.
If you want to see examples, try this link, or this one for ideas. Dong it neatly takes some time.

The Challenger is about 13 pounds - makes me wonder how durable it is compared to the CMs and the Scout.

Thanks so much for your help, my final choice is the Storm Scout. :) 
m
l
November 25, 2010 2:40:58 AM

Best answer selected by pyrogx.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2010 2:41:13 AM

The Antec 300 Illusion is one of the nicest sub-$70 mid-towers out there, and Newegg.com has them going for $50 after MIR, this case will keep and PC setup cool even with two 6850's, the only problem is there is no cable managment it is up to your creativity and maybe modding skills to run the cables, but other than that problem you cannot go wrong with this case.

Rosewill is know for making cheaper PC components and more than likely they do this with there cases also, you may get some nice features but the quality of the build will be less than others available. i may be wrong on this because the Newegg.com reviews seem to say otherwise. :) 

The COOLER MASTER Storm Scout has really nice cable management and alot of space inside. I cannot say how well the cooling is because I have no expierence with it, but with the included 120mm and 140mm fans it probably does pretty good. Just my opinion but the looks put me off, but I really like the black painted interior though.

You may want to check out these reviews on some mid-tower cases that Tom's did a few months back:
Part 1: Four Gaming Enclosures Under $50
Part 2: Four More Gaming Enclosures Under $50
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 25, 2010 2:46:12 AM

pyrogx said:
Thanks so much for your help, my final choice is the Storm Scout. :) 

You're welcome. Have fun with your build!
m
l