Hard drive not reading as 500gb

musicmanil

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I am mainly a reader but I did not see an answer to my problem so this is my first post. So before I installed windows, i was using Ubuntu to check some of my files on my other hard drives and to work on other stuff. When i got windows installed, my 500gb hard drive wasn't being read as 500gb in explorer. It was being seen as 60gb or something like that. It was the same size even after reformatting it. Its weird though because i can see it as 500gb drive with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program that came with my mobo. So as of right now, I am stuck on how to make my computer read my drive correctly.
I appreciate your help.

musicmanil

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Thanks for the response fzabkar. The problem is that when I do that, and create a new partition and whatnot, it allocates it to the wrong size and does not let me utilize the entire 500gb hard drive size.

musicmanil

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

It reads it as 57-60gb or so.
I am using windows 7 home premium service package 1
I believe that it is configured in IDE? or whatever the default is? All I know is that I have not messed with that setting in the BIOS.
The drive is using its default driver in the properties

musicmanil

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Actually, I was wrong. The driver is simply displayed as "ARRAY" in the properties and the provider is microsoft.

musicmanil

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not sure that would be the best way to fix it. The Intel rapid storage technology is active only if you have a RAID configuration in the BIOS set up. For me, I have everything as an individual drive and the program merely acts as a way to view the properties of my different hard drives. So I am not sure if uninstalling it would accomplish anything.