New GA-M68MT-S2P mobo leaving me with "no signal" on monitor

christian1102

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys, I'm new to the tech world I guess you could say, and I'm building my very first computer. I've picked up all my pieces from tigerdirect and they all seem to be working and in good condition. I have everything set up; my computer turns on, LED lights turn on, cpu fan works, video card fan works, the whole nine yards. But when I go to power everything up, my motherboard beeps one single time and my monitor says "No Signal" and won't do anything. I feel like its something small I'm missing, but since I'm new to the computer world, looking for that one little problem is the equivalent of me trying to find a needle in a haystack :heink: So, any help you guys could give me would be very much appreciated!
I will list all my components here:

Mobo: GA-M68MT-S2P
Processor: AMD Phenom II Black Edition Multi-Core Processor
Hard Drive: WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD
Video Card: GeForce GTX460 made by Nvidia
Case: Thermaltake Dokker
Power Supply: eXtreme Power 500w RS-500-PCAR-A3
RAM: Patriot PSD34G13332

That about sums it up I believe. If I left anything important out, I apologize. Just ask and I'll give all the information I can :) Thanks again for any help y'all can give me!

rogbur22

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

I apologize if this seems to obvious or anything but I believe that motherboard has onboard video ? Are you plugging into the correct video output on the back ? In other words plugging into the onboard video instead of the graphics card port. May as well rule out the obvious first :)

rogbur22

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
As long as it's a new build and we are ruling out obvious things make sure the little switch (usually red) on the back of your power supply is set to the correct current voltage whatever :D If you live in the US it should be set to 115. that switch not being correct can cause issues.