Sign in with
Your question

Recomdations for Components for new build

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2010 1:31:32 PM

I am looking at building a new computer for my self mainly for Video and photography work as well as some gaming I have a budget of $600. The mother board I have decided on is a ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo LGA 775 ASUS P45 ASUS Motherboard. Mainly for cost reasons and it seems to me that it is a mid low range MoBo for a reasonable cost (suggestions on the MoBo would be nice. keep in mind my MoBo budget is a max of $150) along with what GPU and Sound card would work best with the suggested MoBo.
My desired specs are at least a 2.8 gHz INTEL Prosessor, 4 GB of RAM. Recomdations on Cases and Power Supply would be vary welcome.
This will be my first attempt at building a computer so any advice for the buld phase would also be welcome.
Philippe
September 3, 2010 4:51:51 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: next two monthes

BUDGET RANGE: $600 to $800 before Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Photo/ Video, online, Gaming, and Office tasks

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS ( will upgrade OS at a later date)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: No sites prefered as I will order them through a dealer in my area

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type: Intel with Asus motherboard, Radeon GPU and Sound Blaster X-Fi Audio, Seagate drives and NOTHING to do with any HP Products

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1024x768, 1280x1024,

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Just needs to be a depedable solid performer in it main tasks, Will upgrade monitor(s)( Need dual monitors ( bigger 24 inch wide) ) . Case is more function then form don't need anything special. :??: 

m
l
!