Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which ati 5770 card to get?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 29, 2010 5:09:06 PM

i dont know which graphics card company to choose from. i want the ati radeon hd 5770.

xfx has a life time warranty but they seem over priced compared to other companies and the reviews aren't as good as sapphire or gigabyte on newegg.

Sapphire's have really good prices and good reviews and a 2 year warranty.

Gigabyte has good reviews 3 year warranty i believe and i think a little more then sapphire.

please tell me your experiences with these companies

Thanks

More about : ati 5770 card

a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2010 7:41:51 PM

i've always bought sapphire and never had a single issue with any of their cards. my old 3850 is still kickin it in my mom's pc, and now a 5850 in my main rig, both work like a charm.

plus the sapphire 5770 is only $135 after rebates on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i'd recommend paying $5 more for the reference model as it'll overclock like a beast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2010 8:26:41 PM

mailmanlove said:
MSI Hawk


not worth the $65 extra
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 8:30:36 PM

wiinippongamer said:
i've always bought sapphire and never had a single issue with any of their cards. my old 3850 is still kickin it in my mom's pc, and now a 5850 in my main rig, both work like a charm.

plus the sapphire 5770 is only $135 after rebates on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


i'd recommend paying $5 more for the reference model as it'll overclock like a beast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


thanks but what's a reference model?
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 8:56:00 PM

matt_mu said:
thanks but what's a reference model?


A reference card runs at ATI's specifications. Other companies will base their 5770 off of this, but they will want to stand out, so they can overclock it, bundle games and software, or improve cooling.

Personally I have a Diamond Radeon 5770, and I've had no problems with it. My past few cards have been from Diamond and they've been great.
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 8:57:09 PM

Black PCB on back fan not on middle,big shroud,black editon(you can change voltage for overclocking)
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 9:00:58 PM

hawk got best cooling of them all
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 9:18:43 PM

ortoklaz said:
Yep and sometimes when your sapphire just gives up you have to sendet back to hong kong and pay all shiping costs..ouch!
I own XFX and love it,try to get reference card or ..how about this?
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1...


how long do xfx's last before they die and need to be replaced?
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 10:00:31 PM

Do you intend to overclock? When is the next time you might upgrade, if you are going to get another card in the next few years it should last you, unless it's defective. It'll be outdated before it dies.
m
0
l
July 29, 2010 11:26:27 PM

Sorry to cut in, but I would like to ask which 5770 card will fit in a Slim Case? Thank you very much
m
0
l
July 30, 2010 12:32:14 AM

silver0187 said:
Sorry to cut in, but I would like to ask which 5770 card will fit in a Slim Case? Thank you very much


MSI again,and again,.. compact,best cooling,overclockable,if you have sata ports that are right under, it would probably crear most of them
m
0
l
July 30, 2010 12:42:17 AM

matt_mu said:
how long do xfx's last before they die and need to be replaced?

XFX got primo support,lifetime warranty(doesnt mean anything ,most models are discontinued in fiew years) don't worry you be upgrading in about 12 months
m
0
l
July 30, 2010 12:56:40 AM

ortoklaz said:
XFX got primo support,lifetime warranty(doesnt mean anything ,most models are discontinued in fiew years) don't worry you be upgrading in about 12 months


so do you think I'm better off getting the sapphire for 140$ with the 2 year warranty
m
0
l
July 30, 2010 1:14:03 AM

I would recommend Gigabyte because they are cheap and since its made straightly by ATI the only thing you can find from gigabyte is their sticker.
m
0
l
July 30, 2010 1:31:36 AM

kumaak47 said:
I would recommend Gigabyte because they are cheap and since its made straightly by ATI the only thing you can find from gigabyte is their sticker.


what did u mean by "the only thing you can find from gigabyte is their sticker."?
m
0
l
July 30, 2010 1:38:51 AM

matt_mu said:
so do you think I'm better off getting the sapphire for 140$ with the 2 year warranty

any card described above will blow you mind,take your pic
have fun !

-----------------


m
0
l
July 30, 2010 5:07:42 AM

IF you have the money get the hawk, if you don't im going to suggest GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 I have it right now and it runs so smooth and quiet :) 
m
0
l
August 1, 2010 10:23:48 PM

I personally am really satisfied with Sapphire.

I own two HD 5770s that I bought from Newegg this year.

Here's them in my case from multiple perspectives, if you're were just wondering witch ones are reliable, I suggest Sapphire :) 

m
0
l
!