Raid 1 Drives Out-of-Sync

ufandrew11

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hi all,

I apologize in advance for my limited RAID knowledge, but I was running some transfers to archive some data on my WD My Book Studio II 6TB, and it seemed all was well unless I discovered that only the "B" drive was fully connected during the transfer. "A" was not and is missing some data that "B" has.

Both drives function perfectly fine, their data just isn't really "in sync" at the moment. I've read about rebuilds, but was not sure if I stand to lose data that's already synced (about 2.6TB worth, and thousands of $$$ of production work) or the proper workflow I should establish. Should I just put them both in, leave it be, and assume they'll re-sync up based on what's on "B" or if "A" is the master, or will something worse happen and all of the files will disappear because of my mistake? I mostly saw posts regarding failed drives and errors, though I did get an error code -1407 (Mac) when I tried deleting the folder on one drive, in anticipation of doing the same to the other and just re-transferring what is currently out of sync. My big question is: do I stand at risk to lose the data that IS currently synced on both drives, or am I just going to lose the data that's out of sync (which I can easily remedy)? I ask this because when I did properly connect both "A" and "B" drives, some of the out of sync data was being removed from "B". I guess this means that "A" is my master drive and it is going to rebuild "B" to match it, right?

Please let me know if you need any more information to help assist. Any and all help and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone!

ufandrew11

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
To update, I'm running the rebuild now and it says Raid Status is Rebuilding, Disk A is rebuilding, and Disk B is good. I was assured by WD technical support that this means the data on Disk B is safe and will be cloned. However, the data on Disk B is currently locked and it tells me 3TB are available. Is this purely in reference to Disk A, because it appears Disk B's material is still there.

34par0z.png

Can anyone please confirm this all seems to be in working order? Thank you!

G

Hi there!
If you are troubled with error 1407 on your Mac PC then do not worry just give a try to Mac recovery software and you will never be disappointed. The tool will fix the issue in no time.
For more info visit: http://fixerror1407.undeletemac.org/

Latest posts