  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 7, 2005 11:18:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

On my new Win XP pro system, I cannot authenticate OE pop mail password,
which I know is correct. Same problem in Thunderbird email client.
Could there be a corrupted password file or am I lacking some XP
privileges?
Thanks, CMA

More about : authenticate passwords

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 11:18:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

You need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance
with email password issues.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"cmar" wrote:

| On my new Win XP pro system, I cannot authenticate OE pop mail password,
| which I know is correct. Same problem in Thunderbird email client.
| Could there be a corrupted password file or am I lacking some XP
| privileges?
| Thanks, CMA
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 12:20:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Password was correct. It is a Win XP problem. We know that.
Thanks, CMA

> You need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance
> with email password issues.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "cmar" wrote:
>
> | On my new Win XP pro system, I cannot authenticate OE pop mail password,
> | which I know is correct. Same problem in Thunderbird email client.
> | Could there be a corrupted password file or am I lacking some XP
> | privileges?
> | Thanks, CMA

July 8, 2005 1:35:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Check position of capslock key. Also check that you are using the correct
name and format for the username. Carey's correct in that this is not an XP
issue, it's and authentication one. Privileges have naught to do with this,
nor does a "corrupt password file" (if you're typing it in, then it's not a
file on the system). Either the user name or the password is incorrect or in
the wrong format.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"cmar" <cma16@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Password was correct. It is a Win XP problem. We know that.
> Thanks, CMA

>> You need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance
>> with email password issues.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

>> "cmar" wrote:
>>
>> | On my new Win XP pro system, I cannot authenticate OE pop mail
>> password,
>> | which I know is correct. Same problem in Thunderbird email client.
>> | Could there be a corrupted password file or am I lacking some XP
>> | privileges?
>> | Thanks, CMA

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:12:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, cmar had this to say:

> On my new Win XP pro system, I cannot authenticate OE pop mail password,
> which I know is correct. Same problem in Thunderbird email client.
> Could there be a corrupted password file or am I lacking some XP
> privileges?
> Thanks, CMA

If it's happening using both OE and Thunderbird and you're sure the
username/password pair are correct, then it's probably a problem on your
ISP's end. Contact them to fix it. Does your ISP also offer web access to
your email account? If so, try that and see whether you can get to your
mail.

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

Thunderbird DOES not use a common password file with OE. Problem is most
likely @ ISP or your configuration of the pop access is not correct.

news:p uyze.1905184$Xk.429862@pd7tw3no...

!