Sign in with
Your question

Need help with fan controller

Last response: in Components
November 25, 2010 1:55:59 PM

Hi all, ok here goes. Yes I am noob builder, so bare with me a bit here please:) 
This is the scenario, after purchasing all the components for my early xmas present, and this being my first significant build. I need bit help with my setup of my fan controller.

Here is the parts involved

coolermaster haf922 case
asus P7P55D-E LX mobo
zalman ZM-MFC1 Combo
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro REV.2 CPU Heatsink Cooler
msi N470GTX Twin Frozr II

case comes with 1 front 200 mm intake, 1 top 200mm exhaust, 1 rear exhaust 120 mm fan
i purchased 3 more 120 fans, 2 for side and 1 for bottom

I don't believe I have any pwm fans involved, all my fans are 3 pin

so from looking at this wiring diagram from zalman http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=...

the gpu setup is pretty straightfoward for me, now since i have this extra pwm fan and controller, do i need to hook anything up to it or just leave it alone and use the other 3 controllers?, if this is the scenario, I am left with 6 fans and 3 controllers, buy 2 more y cable splitters?, (on my mainboard i have 1x 3 pin cha fan, 1x 4 pin cha fan, cpu fan, and power fan connectors)

ok so basically to sum it up need a 1.decent wiring configuration set up idea,*** sorry one more thing, just noticed on zalman wiring diagram, c3 cable going into a 4 pin on board, what is this one for?

More about : fan controller

a b ) Power supply
November 27, 2010 2:49:32 AM

Didn't your case come with something?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 28, 2010 11:47:36 AM

First of all ignore the drawing on the zalman site and follow my below instruction... plug the zalman cooler fan into the cpu header in the mobo and one chasis fan (preferably the rear fan) into the chasis fan header... yes you can connect a 3 pin into the 4 pin header and you can control the speed using speedfan software... controlling fans through speedfan is simple and can be adjusted to suit your sound and cooling needs...

now you have 5 fans with 5 control knobs... the pwm control can be used for a normal fan too as i said earlier that a 3 pin fan can be inserted into a 4 pin header, so connect all the 5 fans to each knob and you are good to go...
m
l
November 28, 2010 10:01:42 PM

abully said:
First of all ignore the drawing on the zalman site and follow my below instruction... plug the zalman cooler fan into the cpu header in the mobo and one chasis fan (preferably the rear fan) into the chasis fan header... yes you can connect a 3 pin into the 4 pin header and you can control the speed using speedfan software... controlling fans through speedfan is simple and can be adjusted to suit your sound and cooling needs...

now you have 5 fans with 5 control knobs... the pwm control can be used for a normal fan too as i said earlier that a 3 pin fan can be inserted into a 4 pin header, so connect all the 5 fans to each knob and you are good to go...

Thanks m8. Sounds like a plan. I did notice after further eview my cpu fan is a pwm fan. But now have a good idea on the config i will use after your help

Can close this topic now, ty
m
l
!