Sign in with
Your question

BSOD After using SetFSB, no boot

Last response: in Systems
September 3, 2010 10:27:04 PM

Hey guys. I was using setfsb to overclock my cpu, and it was working fine up until about 2.8 ghz when I got the BSOD. I restarted my pc, black screen. Then I tried clearing the CMOS and now every time I restart I end up in Intel Boot Manager. What should I do?

More about : bsod setfsb boot

September 3, 2010 10:29:30 PM

Also, in my BIOS drive configuration every single sata port is detected as being empty.
m
l
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
a c 197 K Overclocking
September 4, 2010 8:15:10 AM

Stop using SetFSB.
m
l
September 4, 2010 2:04:00 PM

...you will need to disconect all the hardware including the RAM, (leave the cpu on the socket) and close the clear CMOS jumper for at least 20 minutes (that's an arbitary number, just leave plenty of time). Open the jumper and then add the video card and the RAM, see if you can access the BIOS. If it boots rebuild the system by adding the hard drive (boot drive first only, on SATA 0).

..the boot manager is just looking for user input as to where the system should boot from... since it is currently unable see the HDD. Once reset it should pick up the drive and hopefully boot to Windows, unless you have corrupted the system files in the process in which case set to boot from CD ROM in BIOS and place your windows CD in the drive and follow the onscreen instructions.

...loosing system components is quite common in FSB OCing, it's why I don't like it much, given me a scare once or twice...stick to BE's it's far less likely to happen. Remember that this form of OCing OC's everything on the bus, not just the CPU, so even if the CPU can handle a good OC, another system on the bus may not...

Best of luck...
m
l
!