Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Hello. i was just wondering how much i could sell my acer 3100 for. it has a built in ati radeon 1250 :cry: lol also it has a 250 psu a amd athlon 4800+ duel core processor. My monitor is 19by14 inches and it has a f690gvm motherboard and its operating system is windows vista another :cry: . so i would be humbled if someone would give me there opinion how much this computer would go for im thinking around 100 $ to a light gamer and office worker but i think thats a little high. and i apologize if this is on the wrong category

Solution
No idea about the price of your old pc as I'm not really familiar with the old stuff. However I can tell you that if you can afford to, spend the extra $40 dollars and get a Phenom II x2 Dual Core CPU rather than the Athlon one. Phenom II is so much faster. Liquid Cooling costs quite a bit at the moment especially a good one, so I would recommend putting the money to better use, and buying a good motherboard and DDR3 RAM. This will increase your computers speed by TONS! The case is your choice, just make sure everything fits properly. The 550W PSU should be way more than enough to power everything. I realise that I just basically told you to throw away everything you were planning to buy but trust me, I know what I'm talking about...

thunderandawe

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
iselling because i want to buy an ibuypower custom made computer with a Xion Echo Gaming Case Black, a AMD Athlon™ II X2 265 Dual-Core CPU,Liquid CPU Cooling System with 120mm fan ,4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module

and a ATI Radeon HD 5670 - 1GB so please tell me if that is worth it and it also comes with a standerd 550 watt psu

Riki94

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
No idea about the price of your old pc as I'm not really familiar with the old stuff. However I can tell you that if you can afford to, spend the extra $40 dollars and get a Phenom II x2 Dual Core CPU rather than the Athlon one. Phenom II is so much faster. Liquid Cooling costs quite a bit at the moment especially a good one, so I would recommend putting the money to better use, and buying a good motherboard and DDR3 RAM. This will increase your computers speed by TONS! The case is your choice, just make sure everything fits properly. The 550W PSU should be way more than enough to power everything. I realise that I just basically told you to throw away everything you were planning to buy but trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Contact me with any questions.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.