Your question

GTX460

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 29, 2010 10:26:59 PM

I recently unplugged my computer to move it and plugged it in now there is no display using the hdmi, everything is plugged in. i think the problem may be is that it wants to use the dvi plug. does anyone have any solutions?
thanks
note it boots and makes a windows sound but no picture

More about : gtx460

July 29, 2010 10:29:47 PM

jezz369 said:
I recently unplugged my computer to move it and plugged it in now there is no display using the hdmi, everything is plugged in. i think the problem may be is that it wants to use the dvi plug. does anyone have any solutions?
thanks

Your monitor should have a button to switch from dvi to hdmi (to vga if you have it, ecc..).
m
l
July 29, 2010 10:33:13 PM

thereaper123 said:
Your monitor should have a button to switch from dvi to hdmi (to vga if you have it, ecc..).

Its just a sony bravia tv so I am on hdmi and the right one.
m
l
July 29, 2010 10:40:44 PM

You have probably already tried, but check that the gpu is connected properly to the mobo.
If you have another monitor try to connect to it.
If you have a dvi/vga plug try it.
This way you can check if your gpu has any problems.
m
l
July 29, 2010 10:43:26 PM

thanks yea i have tried, damn i only have and hdmi tv
m
l
July 29, 2010 10:51:37 PM

no that i'm doubting you but you could double check to make sure your hdmi on your gpu is all the way in, I know the first couple of days i had my 460 i thought the hdmi wasn't working, but apparently it just wasn't plugged all the way in
m
l
July 29, 2010 11:06:30 PM

yea i checked that. is there not a way in windows like a shortcut i can use which can switch the displays?
m
l
!