GTX460

I recently unplugged my computer to move it and plugged it in now there is no display using the hdmi, everything is plugged in. i think the problem may be is that it wants to use the dvi plug. does anyone have any solutions?
thanks
note it boots and makes a windows sound but no picture
6 answers Last reply
More about gtx460
  1. jezz369 said:
    I recently unplugged my computer to move it and plugged it in now there is no display using the hdmi, everything is plugged in. i think the problem may be is that it wants to use the dvi plug. does anyone have any solutions?
    thanks

Your monitor should have a button to switch from dvi to hdmi (to vga if you have it, ecc..).
  2. thereaper123 said:
    Your monitor should have a button to switch from dvi to hdmi (to vga if you have it, ecc..).

Its just a sony bravia tv so I am on hdmi and the right one.
  3. You have probably already tried, but check that the gpu is connected properly to the mobo.
    If you have another monitor try to connect to it.
    If you have a dvi/vga plug try it.
    This way you can check if your gpu has any problems.
  4. thanks yea i have tried, damn i only have and hdmi tv
  5. no that i'm doubting you but you could double check to make sure your hdmi on your gpu is all the way in, I know the first couple of days i had my 460 i thought the hdmi wasn't working, but apparently it just wasn't plugged all the way in
  6. yea i checked that. is there not a way in windows like a shortcut i can use which can switch the displays?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Computer Graphics