brikki

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I have just purchased a pc with this Mobo and I tried putting in my Saphire HD 4850 graphics card but no display at all. I know the card works because I can put it in my other system and its perfectly fine. Any ideas why its not working on this mobo? My PSU is is a Cool master 500Watt

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Have you tried a different video card in that board? If not, give it a try and let us know how it goes. If it's still not working, reset the CMOS (plenty of people have topics on how-to. If the board is UEFI, there should be an answer for that too) and try it again. It could be a bad slot but more likely, it's just an incompatibility issue. Such as, the video card being a newer PCI-X version or being to old (old is a seldom occurring though, most all boards are reverse compatible) Or, the power connector from your PSU to the card could be faulty (That's an often missed reason). Let us know how these checks go for you.

brikki

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

Well I know the slot works it has an old nvidea 8800 series. I thought about the psu plug but how do I check that. The 8800 doesnt use that psu plug

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
If you have an adapter (2 Male-molex to 6-pins GPU power) try that and see if you get anything. If you don't have the adapter, look around on eBay for a cheap one with free/ship. I could see selling some i've got for little more than the postage out, they are never used in my machines. Also, how is the 8800 powered then? Most if not all higher 8XXX series needed power as I recall. (I may just be getting to old though too, who knows)

Try the card without the power and see if you get anything. Some cards will allow minimal use like getting into BIOS or even Win7 is the old, bland, non-aero visual style. "Basic mode" I do believe. See how those treat you and bring us up to date in the results.